L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

This is a discussion on L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well we have to look at this from another angle. Let's just say that a ban on firearms, black rifles, semi auto's in general was ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

VIP Member
    Well we have to look at this from another angle. Let's just say that a ban on firearms, black rifles, semi auto's in general was enacted and possession was now unlawful. Everyone is given 30 days to turn them in.

Out of the 300 million guns, or whatever the number is, many would in fact be turned in. Why you ask? Because law abiding gun owners are just that, law abiding. They have no desire to be labeled a criminal or break the law no matter how strange the law is. They would follow the law and surrender their firearms. They would not face prosecution nor confront LE in order to keep them. Not all mind you but many would.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Well we have to look at this from another angle. Let's just say that a ban on firearms, black rifles, semi auto's in general was enacted and possession was now unlawful. Everyone is given 30 days to turn them in.

Out of the 300 million guns, or whatever the number is, many would in fact be turned in. Why you ask? Because law abiding gun owners are just that, law abiding. They have no desire to be labeled a criminal or break the law no matter how strange the law is. They would follow the law and surrender their firearms. They would not face prosecution nor confront LE in order to keep them. Not all mind you but many would.
    Time will tell.
    OD* likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

I will not give up, I will not surrender. A war was fought over 200 years ago in order to release this great nation from the bonds of tyrants, and I fear another one coming. We are being controlled by tyrants, using opinion and emotion as stated fact, with their only mission to gain further control. We are already living under greater tyranny than that which the Founding Fathers rose up against, yet we are "freer" than ever according to those who wish to control us.
    Truth is treason in an empire of lies - Ron Paul
    No b@stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b@stard die for his country. - General George S. Patton

Funny thing is while on a fishing trip last week all my guns fell over board.
    You do not know, what you do not know, until you realize that you do not know it

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The sheep always line up at the feed trough. It's their nature.
    +1 to this

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Trading Hipoints for gift cards okay. But why can't we build a website that buys back guns from sheep and allows other citizens with a brain to buy them? In a liberals mind melting down guns is productive. It's a huge waste of resources and polutes the planet even more manufacturing new ones. I say RECYCLE guns, send them east where at least 50% of the people still have a clue. Let California rot in it's own stupidity. I'd love to buy back a nice pistol or rifle from these idiots for pennies. I promise not to melt it down except by practicing too much.

I left LosT Angeles in 2007. I never looked back. I stayed there for 2 years and had some fun but I'd never live there again. Nothing special there and majority of people living there I didn't get along with because of my personal views on firearms and politically.

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So L.A. is voluntarily disarming.......stood in line for 2 hrs. to hand in their guns.....
    Gun buy back yesterday for gift cards garnered loads of guns.....some interviewed said because of current events they wanted to give up their guns.
    How easy is it to convince the general public they are wrong and make them feel guilty for everything that happens..........Geeeeezzzz.
    That's almost laughable. Due to current events, anybody with half a brain would rather OBTAIN more firearms, to protect themselves.

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

Re: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

Quote Originally Posted by tacman605 View Post
    Because law abiding gun owners are just that, law abiding. They have no desire to be labeled a criminal or break the law no matter how strange the law is. They would follow the law and surrender their firearms. They would not face prosecution nor confront LE in order to keep them. Not all mind you but many would.
    I've got to admit, I'm a recent gun owner, and although I lost all my guns in a boating accident, the police might not believe that. If I still had my guns, all of my purchases are probably still on record. I have a family and no desire for a shootout with the police. I would not voluntarily turn any in, but if they came for mine, I'd make it the biggest pain possible, "do you have a warrant," etc, but I have no illusions about going down shooting. I'd like to say I'd stand up for my rights, but I can't do that at all if I'm dead, and in this case I think I can do more good in the world alive. That's why I think advocacy NOW is very important.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The sheep always line up at the feed trough. It's their nature.
    Wolves line up at the table? I'll bet they know why they have two forks and two spoons too. And why one knife is sharp and the other not.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I'm thinking that a gun that would get turned in is probably an old worn out gun to begin with, etc. I really wonder if there were guns in working condition turned in.
    We have FFL's and collectors who wait for buybacks in order to dispose of unsaleable back-room junk (estate sales with one or two valuable firearms along with several pieces of junk are pretty common) that they would otherwise simply destroy and dispose of.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Links