L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

This is a discussion on L.A. Voluntarily Disarming.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; So L.A. is voluntarily disarming.......stood in line for 2 hrs. to hand in their guns..... Gun buy back yesterday for gift cards garnered loads of ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

L.A. Voluntarily Disarming....

So L.A. is voluntarily disarming.......stood in line for 2 hrs. to hand in their guns.....
    Gun buy back yesterday for gift cards garnered loads of guns.....some interviewed said because of current events they wanted to give up their guns.
    How easy is it to convince the general public they are wrong and make them feel guilty for everything that happens..........Geeeeezzzz.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'm sure the lines were filled with gang bangers turning in their guns for Starbucks gift cards.

There! Don't you feel safer?
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

mkh
    Lets hope that gun buy backs which are only taking advantage of the uneducated will appease people and take their minds off of more stringent control methods.

All this gun free crap sounds like a Hitler Utopia to me.
    Maximpactguns likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    So L.A. is voluntarillry disarming.......stood in line for 2 hrs. to hand in their guns.....
    Gun buy back yesterday for gift cards garnered loads of guns.....some interviewed said because of current events they wanted to give up their guns.
    How easy is it to convince the general public they are wrong and make them feel guilty for everything that happens..........Geeeeezzzz.
    The sheep always line up at the feed trough. It's their nature.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Here in Ca there have been enough of these that they had to be giving something worth while to get people to stand in line! They generally wont allow people out of their cars, An officer comes to your trunk and picks them up. I have heard talk of cobbling together some junk when prices offered got up to $200. But this sounds more like the reporter used a little creative license here! DR

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Fools...
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member
    Perhaps they simply wish to reclaim the "most violent city" title from Chicago...
    JoJoGunn, Darrow75 and Jetfuelrm like this.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

Not that it will ever hit Michigan, but if it does, think I'll go to the buyback with some cash in hand. Walk around and take a look at what people are turning over and offer them $20 or $30 more in cash than what the city/state is offering. I'm sure most of it will be junk, but you have idiots every day holding onto an original issue 1911 who think it's just some old crap that they would love to get $100 gift card for.
    My treat.

$200 bucks? man I have some broken 22's that need turned in due to the sheer evilness.

I could buy...4 pmags on ebay ;)
    DallasCMT likes this.

Trading Hipoints for gift cards okay. But why can't we build a website that buys back guns from sheep and allows other citizens with a brain to buy them? In a liberals mind melting down guns is productive. It's a huge waste of resources and polutes the planet even more manufacturing new ones. I say RECYCLE guns, send them east where at least 50% of the people still have a clue. Let California rot in it's own stupidity. I'd love to buy back a nice pistol or rifle from these idiots for pennies. I promise not to melt it down except by practicing too much.

Left Coast fer sure....

A feel good thing that will accomplish absolutely nothing.

Like gun laws, gun "buy backs" simply will not work nor stem the tide of illegally owned guns. You may as well tell EMS people to stick a band aid upon a gushing artery for all it's worth.

This is only intended to show the people that authorities are doing something. See? We are getting those evil guns off the streets and out of the hands of people who might actually use them to kill! Don't you feel so much safer now?

Fools.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

SDG

Re: L.A. Volutarilly Disarming....

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaShooter View Post
    Trading Hipoints for gift cards okay. But why can't we build a website that buys back guns from sheep and allows other citizens with a brain to buy them? In a liberals mind melting down guns is productive. It's a huge waste of resources and polutes the planet even more manufacturing new ones. I say RECYCLE guns, send them east where at least 50% of the people still have a clue. Let California rot in it's own stupidity. I'd love to buy back a nice pistol or rifle from these idiots for pennies. I promise not to melt it down except by practicing too much.
    I don't see why a firearms dealer can't do that.

Regarding your second thought, go ahead and watch CA go down the crapper. Soon it will be your state. Sooner than you think.

I find it amazing how quick some are to write off their neighbors as if Liberalism will never come to them. Good luck with that.
    bigmacque likes this.

VIP Member
    I'm instituting my own "gun buy back"; anyone who feels like their fully functioning, evil semi-automatic .308 needs to be removed from their home and taken to a safe location, please PM me. I'll send you $200 and I'll even pay for shipping to my FFL. Thank you for your interest in getting guns off your street and onto mine.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links