Another Fatal Assault Train Attack

This is a discussion on Another Fatal Assault Train Attack within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The difference between myself and this guy? Luck. - just a few weeks ago I posted about how worthless my situational awareness has been in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Another Fatal Assault Train Attack

Another Fatal Assault Train Attack

The difference between myself and this guy? Luck. - just a few weeks ago I posted about how worthless my situational awareness has been in the mornings. Luckily the guys I didn't notice until it would have been too late weren't up to anything sinister. This story kinda gave me a bit of a refresher slap.

NEW YORK (AP) — A mumbling woman pushed a man to his death in front of a subway train on Thursday night, the second time this month someone has been killed in such nightmarish fashion, police said.

The man was standing on the elevated platform of a 7 train in Queens at about 8 p.m. when he was shoved by the woman, who witnesses said had been following him closely and mumbling to herself, New York Police Department chief spokesman Paul Browne said. When the train pulled into the tracks, the woman got up from a nearby bench and shoved the man down, he said. The man had been standing with his back to her.

It didn't appear the man noticed her before he was shoved onto the tracks, police said. The condition of the man's body was making it difficult to identify him, police said.

Man pushed to death in front of NYC subway train - Yahoo! News
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

2. Remove Ads

Need more crazy control.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Guess if I'm ever in NY (or anyplace else) waiting for a train, I'll be a long way from the tracks, leaning up against the wall so nobody can sneak up behind me. There are some sick you-know-whats out there.
    Jeanlouise and darbo like this.
    Ace
    Gotta Fly or Gonna Die

I guess Bloomy will have to work on banning all the trains now.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Darn! Beat me to it!
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    I was about to post this, but you beat me to it. Ban the trains! Ban arms, they can be used to push people.

Quote Originally Posted by acepilot View Post
    Guess if I'm ever in NY (or anyplace else) waiting for a train, I'll be a long way from the tracks, leaning up against the wall so nobody can sneak up behind me. There are some sick you-know-whats out there.
    May seem crazy, but now you see why that's the only way. Even if you miss that train, you will catch the next one. I always do this while in the subway.. far away from the track.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    If banning trains doesn't work I would guess he will ban old ladies
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar
    Just imagine, she might even be able to push a group of people standing near the tracks.

VIP Member
    Poor guy.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    But she couldn't get a gun in NYC so how could she kill someone? Impossible!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Years ago I frequented the DC metro rail system. I never stood on the platform edge or anywhere close to it for just this reason. Not worth the risk, not to mention you can't keep an eye on platform situational awareness if your back is to the platform.

This is yet another symptom of the root cause that lies behind all of the "mass shootings" that we have seen recently. The mental health system in North America (I've lived in both Canada and the US) is grossly inadequate to protect society at large. I don't know what the solution is, but we are seeing the symptoms of the problem writ large.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    You could stand with your back to the tracks. I'm betting people would think you are weird and stand away from you.

Distinguished Member
    Those darn subway trains are just too fast. Bloomie may decide to limit speeds to 2mph. or less. That would give people pushed onto the tracks time to get out of the way.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links