Cop's gun fires twice

This is a discussion on Cop's gun fires twice within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Seems there has to be more to the story mine has never done that and I have a glock...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Cop's gun fires twice

Seems there has to be more to the story mine has never done that and I have a glock
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

Could this be another attempt from the "gun grabbers" to show how those "bad-guns-that-kill-people" can potentially commit a crime on their own? Fishy, indeed.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Accidents happen when gun-grabbers are afoot.

Heyoooo!

Edit:Dangit, got beat to it. ^^
    Hopyard and atctimmy like this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

A fool without a holster, great. Great story he came up with too.

Let me rewrite the story (my edits in bold):

Cop's gun fires twice inside New York mall's bathroom
    Published December 28, 2012
    This is What Really Happened Press
    WALLKILL, N.Y. – Authorities say a police officer's personal handgun discharged twice when he was bored and sitting on the pot and playing with his firearm while he was in the bathroom at an upstate New York shopping mall.
    The Times Herald-Record of Middletown reports that Lt. Paul Pratti of the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office had hung his jacket on a stall door in a restroom at the Galleria in Wallkill in neighboring Orange County last Saturday night.
    Officials say he was messing with his weapon and should not have been. Police say the gun fired twice, with both bullets hitting the ceiling. No one was injured.
    Authorities say Pratti was off duty at the time. Town of Wallkill police are investigating, while the Sullivan County Sheriff's Office is also conducting an internal investigation.

In all likelihood the incident will go uninvestigated as an unsolved mystery to be filed with the Jimmy Hoffa Case files.
    Jetfuelrm and msgt/ret like this.
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BigStick View Post
    Good thing all those NY police officers are so highly trained and would never have an accident or put a round where they didn't intend like all of us unclean civilians would do.
    Now we know why they require the ten pound trigger pull
    "Just blame Sixto"

Whatever custom work he had done on that pistol, I don't want it on mine.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Distinguished Member Array Once's Avatar
    I like the rewrite
    Someone was playing with their pistol in the potty
    357and40, niks and msgt/ret like this.

I'm guessing something else was going on between those two men in that "public restroom".
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfuelrm View Post
    Seems there has to be more to the story mine has never done that and I have a glock
    You need to have it looked at, sounds like it may be defective!
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    OK a thought just popped into my head... yeah, yeah, I know, it doesn't happen too often.

I'm thinking that maybe this guy hung his pistol on the hook through the trigger guard and then hung his coat over it. It seems stupid but it's the only way this story makes any sense to me.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Lot more that's not being said here.

Begs the question though...What do you do with your sidearm, when you must unbuckle your pants and sit down, in a public restroom? I know it's not what anyone likes to do, but sometimes it's imperative. If you leave it in the holster, it's either on the floor, or balancing precariously on the belt that is no longer secured.

I've been in some police stations, and sheriffs offices, where they had holsters safely and securely mounted on the stall walls, so that you could place your pistol there while you took care of your business, and then you'd simply reholster when you completed your task. Other law enforcement office spaces had sturdy shelves installed for this purpose. Haven't seen any of these holsters in my local Walmart.

This is a serious question. How do you folks deal with this?
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: Cop's gun fires twice

Rule no. Five. Potty Training

The gun remains holstered throughout the unloading process unprecariously and confidently braced just below or on the knees or otherwise on your person. Even a duty rig should remain in immediate possession if in a public setting... Err..... Ummm.... sitting.

See what happens when you don't follow the rules?

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I think the guy was in the mall looking for a very particular item of home decor for his bedroom: BULL SHEETS.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    hey now! cops don't lie! they can't lie! I mean everything they say in court is true, too, right???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links