First Newtown Lawsuit

This is a discussion on First Newtown Lawsuit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; How sad, and they think us Gun owning NRA supporters are bad......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: First Newtown Lawsuit

How sad, and they think us Gun owning NRA supporters are bad...

2. Remove Ads

Ah ha..................saw this one comming......maybe the school boards will take putting LEO in schools as suggested by NRA more serious now.

It seems to me that in the types of incidents, the first people to sue are people that have been affected but to a much much Lesser extent than those whose lives were truly destroyed by the tragedy. I makes me sad that some see a meal ticket where those that truly deserve some sort of compensation for their loss are busy thinking about that loss and not the money they can get out of it. We will see much more of this. The sharks are in the water and they are circling.

Conn. lawyers IMO are gearing up for a field day........the school board will be sweatin'.....it's just begun.

Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar

Re: First Newtown Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    I am not at all surprised by this. Made considerably ill to my stomach, well, yes.

These types of people are nothing more than human vultures ready to pick anything they can.

If I were the Judge on this, the lawsuit would get no further than just the thought of it. How can anyone be that greedy and self centered to want to take advantage of such a tragic thing? Humanity is sliding into the pit.
    It's always been one step forward and two steps back climbing out of the pit.

Of all the absurd things I have ever written I like this one the most.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Really disgusting how quick the snakes come out. I hope the petition to sue gets turned down before it can hit the courts.

Instead of suing they should be thanking God that their child survived.

Really, what else did they expect the school to do that wasn't done (short of armed guards).
    I was thinking the exact same thing. Same people are disgusted about armed gaurds at schools suggested by NRA CEO
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Newtown Money Massacre II................and to think people sent donations to these well to do people.....still would like to know where all that money went to.
    GunGeezer and Jeanlouise like this.

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    I'm not a lawyer but IMHO the law suit should be directed at the Gun Free Zone thing and those who think criminals and whack-jobs actually obey laws. They are the ones who need to get hit in the wallet for their stupidity.

VIP Member
    I'd not be so quick to judge.

First, we don't have the complaint, so we don't really know the extent of suit. It does not appear they are suing the gun manufacturers. Instead, they are suing the school and related state parties.

Could it be that they are trying to force the issue that the school could not provide adequate protection because of a gun free zone restriction? (I'm not sure if schools in Conn can provide such security).

Perhaps the intent of the suit is to bring in the question of firearm restrictions and the unintended consequence of creating soft zones. Asking for an outlandish sum is one way to make the headlines as well.

So we should wait and see how this develops. If the parents are really looking into "cashing in," then that's a sad commentary. On the other hand, if the parents intend to focus the debate on limitations imposed by existing restrictive gun laws, and press for changes are enacted as a result, then we have a different situation.

Patience. Let's not jump to conclusions.

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Ah ha..................saw this one comming......maybe the school boards will take putting LEO in schools as suggested by NRA more serious now.
    I can see no reason as to why so many are against police officers being assigned to school duties. As I have posted many times since the Sandy Hook incident the Palm Beach County Florida school system has had their own school police department with sworn police officers stationed full time in most schools and part time in the others since 1975. The department has 150 plus sworn officers to watch over about 171,000 students, 12,500 teachers and 21,000 staff members. This force is augmented, in the case of a incident, by the local police departments and Sheriffs Department. The school system also has an automated communications system that will notify the parents in the event that there has been an incident at a school and the action(s) to take or not take. This system also notifies the parent(s) real time if their child is absent from any class. This school system is being proactive and not reactive as proven by most school incidents of late.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    Poor little child. She heard screaming, swearing, and shooting. Wow, all that is on TV every day. I am sorry she went thru the ordeal, but she survived. No reason to find fault with anyone but the shooter. Hope this never goes to court.
    bigdogtx likes this.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    America at its finest. All sympathies aside, no one is worth $100 million.
    Agree

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    <in red> Exactly
    <in violet> That's a stupid NRA idea. Oh wait, it was Bill Clinton's first? It was a good idea then.
    Times have changed. No wait, that won't fly. Just ignore the facts. It's worked so far.
    TX expat likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    If the suit flies, hopefully they will back off from the 100 Million and ask for something more reasonable, like say 1 Million, armed security, and windowless entryways.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'd not be so quick to judge.

First, we don't have the complaint, so we don't really know the extent of suit. It does not appear they are suing the gun manufacturers. Instead, they are suing the school and related state parties.

Could it be that they are trying to force the issue that the school could not provide adequate protection because of a gun free zone restriction? (I'm not sure if schools in Conn can provide such security).

Perhaps the intent of the suit is to bring in the question of firearm restrictions and the unintended consequence of creating soft zones. Asking for an outlandish sum is one way to make the headlines as well.

So we should wait and see how this develops. If the parents are really looking into "cashing in," then that's a sad commentary. On the other hand, if the parents intend to focus the debate on limitations imposed by existing restrictive gun laws, and press for changes are enacted as a result, then we have a different situation.

Patience. Let's not jump to conclusions.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Quote Originally Posted by chuckusaret View Post
    I can see no reason as to why so many are against police officers being assigned to school duties.
    Armed security personnel is needed in schools. However, I do not believe they should be law enforcement. Law enforcement also upholds all laws. Normally most laws are not violated in schools. A better alternative solution would be to hire the many veterans that have no job due to serving their country. They would have to be thoroughly checked and go through extensive training. They would be school personnel but funded(paid) through federal funding. This solution solves two issues. Before anyone starts screaming about more federal involvement, the federal/state governments do funding to schools already.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links