First Newtown Lawsuit

This is a discussion on First Newtown Lawsuit within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The Newtown attorney Pinsky was hired by this little girl's family. Bad mouthing the attorney for doing what he gets paid to do is ridiculous. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: First Newtown Lawsuit

Newtown Attorney was hired by this family

The Newtown attorney Pinsky was hired by this little girl's family. Bad mouthing the attorney for doing what he gets paid to do is ridiculous. We do live in the land of the free and until there are new laws which allow lawsuits like this to not happen, they will continue to do so. I'm glad to see this happen so that Americans and lawmakers may take notice and start valuing our children to being worthy of protection just as banks, politicians and yes, even the President. They all have protection, and to not protect our schools in this ever changing evil society sends out the message that they are less valuable and dispensable. They are not, if anything, they are more valuable because they are our future.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    America at its finest. All sympathies aside, no one is worth $100 million.
    WOW your children might not be worth that much but mine sure are.
    Nebraska12 likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by 0026donnaf View Post
    The Newtown attorney Pinsky was hired by this little girl's family. Bad mouthing the attorney for doing what he gets paid to do is ridiculous. We do live in the land of the free and until there are new laws which allow lawsuits like this to not happen, they will continue to do so. I'm glad to see this happen so that Americans and lawmakers may take notice and start valuing our children to being worthy of protection just as banks, politicians and yes, even the President. They all have protection, and to not protect our schools in this ever changing evil society sends out the message that they are less valuable and dispensable. They are not, if anything, they are more valuable because they are our future.
    I was thinking this very same thing. Why does everyone blame the lawyer. How about putting the blame where it should be. On the person who wants to take this to court. Once again we blame the gun, we blame the car, we blame the lawyer instead of blaming the person.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    I'd not be so quick to judge.

First, we don't have the complaint, so we don't really know the extent of suit. It does not appear they are suing the gun manufacturers. Instead, they are suing the school and related state parties.

Could it be that they are trying to force the issue that the school could not provide adequate protection because of a gun free zone restriction? (I'm not sure if schools in Conn can provide such security).

Perhaps the intent of the suit is to bring in the question of firearm restrictions and the unintended consequence of creating soft zones. Asking for an outlandish sum is one way to make the headlines as well.

So we should wait and see how this develops. If the parents are really looking into "cashing in," then that's a sad commentary. On the other hand, if the parents intend to focus the debate on limitations imposed by existing restrictive gun laws, and press for changes are enacted as a result, then we have a different situation.

Patience. Let's not jump to conclusions.
    Very good comment. We need more information than what we have at this time. I still say don't blame the lawyer. If the people are looking for money put the blame on them for this going to court. Maybe, with this court case, our children will be protected better than they are in schools.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 0026donnaf View Post
    Unfortunately, I disagree with your post. Putting lipstick on a pig doesn't make it desirable. I do believe that everyone (including lawyers) have some responsibility to go beyond simply judging their actions based on what they can do. Just because they can sue, doesn't mean they should sue; nor does it mean that dressing it up with some higher purpose window dressing actually make it anything more than just some opportunists way to get paid off the tragic loss of children's lives.

If change is truly what they are after then they should be putting their weight behind some initiative that has the chance to create real change; not simply look to gouge an insane amount of money from anyone, and everyone, that they think they can legally rob.
    Jeanlouise and DPro.40 like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

VIP Member
    Not all Lawyers are bad by any means but there are a large number of them that troll for clients. Until Lawyers are compensated differently and not on a percentage of the lawsuit win, this will never end.
    Why not encourage people to sue? The Lawyer always gets paid and if the client loses, so what? No accountability for the client or the Lawyer.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    This should be dismissed with prejudice post haste. Bottom feeding lawyers representing trash. The judge should tell the trash "Your kid was not hurt - grow up, thank God, get lost." The judge should then start proceedings to revoke the lawyers ticket to practice.
    I could only hope. Needs to have bottom feeder tattooed on their foreheads
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Not all Lawyers are bad by any means but there are a large number of them that troll for clients. Until Lawyers are compensated differently and not on a percentage of the lawsuit win, this will never end.
    Why not encourage people to sue? The Lawyer always gets paid and if the client loses, so what? No accountability for the client or the Lawyer.
    Agreed. Wonder what the lawyers cut would be on this one. 😯
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

If this atty didn't take it, the next one would. Now while I agree with there being some need for mental anguish and therapy, but that is usually taken care of by insurance and the parents...

It will now be looked at as the Newtown Mega Millions Lottery.....

As said, I'll bet any of those grieving parents would love to have their child alive, and traumatized, as the suit suggests their SURVIVING child is suffering from. If you say that in court with all the parents who lost their child in attendance, I wonder if the suit would be withdrawn pretty quickly...particularly if it were public.
    It is utterly illogical to believe that passing laws to reduce gun violence will be successful when those who are commiting the gun violence do not obey the law.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    WOW your children might not be worth that much but mine sure are.
    While my kids are priceless, I would never assign a monetary value to them.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    While my kids are priceless, I would never assign a monetary value to them.
    Heck, do we have an active buyer? I'll sell a pair of 'em and throw in a dog, a cat and one potted plant if the money is right.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    I will bet gun dealers, companies that manufacture guns, ammo suppliers,etc. will eventually be named in the coming litigation. Sometime I am ashamed of our legal system.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

100 million for emotional distress, come on man! In that case gun owners should sue Sen. Dianne Feinstein for their emotional distress.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links