Bad : (possible) suicide by cop at a registered gun dealers house in my town.

This is a discussion on Bad : (possible) suicide by cop at a registered gun dealers house in my town. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Why do people have to do things like this? Not only is she dead, the 2 policemen have to live with shooting her and it ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By BigJon10125
  • 1 Post By kb2wji
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99

Thread: Bad : (possible) suicide by cop at a registered gun dealers house in my town.

VIP Member

Thumbs down Bad : (possible) suicide by cop at a registered gun dealers house in my town.

Why do people have to do things like this? Not only is she dead, the 2 policemen have to live with shooting her and it gives more fodder to the "stricter gun laws" crowd.

Woman killed in officer-involved shooting - journal-news.net | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Because suicide is THE most selfish act, no matter how it is done. Pathetic.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

I have mixed feelings. I dont think any of us here have been at that rock bottom place in our lives. We've all felt low, gone through bad times etc... but i cant imagine being at the level where killing yourself seems like the best option. Also, many suicides are linked to mental illness of some sort. We may not understand it, but its real enough to them to want to kill themselves. There are countless reasons, but we should at least count ourselves blessed that we dont have to experience any of those reasons. I guess some people just want out, but dont have the courage to do it themselves. Or maybe there are religious reasons I dont know. Either way its a shame that those officers have to live with killing a person like that. It's a bigger shame that another person got to that point in their lives. Sad
    Jeanlouise likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2wji View Post
    I have mixed feelings. Either way its a shame that those officers have to live with killing a person like that. It's a bigger shame that another person got to that point in their lives. Sad
    Me too kb. I really do have sympathy for the person who is so down and out that they want to kill themselves (IF that's what she intended to do). I also agree with John, it's very selfish because it devastates the people left behind. Not only did they lose their loved one, they are riddled with guilt and grief that they weren't able to stop it.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

If you point a gun at the cops, you will very likely be going through their 'neutralization process'.
    Can't blame the cops for this person's problems. At least she didn't shoot others before trying this stunt.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    I can just hear the argument now. "See, if there hadn't been guns in the house she would be alive today. Guns kill. Ban them and we'll all be safe".

I can't wait to read "The Journal Junction" on Moday. That's the section of the paper where people can write in anonymously and say whatever is on their minds. There are some good comments and some very dumb comments on a daily basis. The Libs are going to be out in force on this one.

Links