Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

This is a discussion on Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Media Quiet About San Antonio Theater Shooting

On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.

Source: Hardnox

"Agenda revealed! If you had any doubts that the media was pushing for this and who their masters were, doubt no longer. This is spooky. Alot of what you read in the ‘conspiracy world’ is bull but there IS alot of truth too.. You just have to sort out the facts yourself. -Mort"
    Freedom Doc and atctimmy like this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    On Sunday December 17, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his X-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater. The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It’s like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren’t you wondering why this isn’t a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?

There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you’d like to know.

Source: Hardnox

"Agenda revealed! If you had any doubts that the media was pushing for this and who their masters were, doubt no longer. This is spooky. Alot of what you read in the ‘conspiracy world’ is bull but there IS alot of truth too.. You just have to sort out the facts yourself. -Mort"
    It was reported on FOX and CNN (I was watching it the next morning and were planning on seeing the Hobbit that evening). It was in all of the Texas newspapers.

There are huge differences between Aurora and SA. Aurora was a trageted mass shooting that was planned with a guy dressed like a wantabe SWAT guy and had an evil AR with a 100 round magazine. Many people were killed.

In SA it appears the man was targeting a co-worker at a resteraunt and it spilled over to the theater. Two people were wounded, not a bunch killed.

The off duty deputey was not a person that just happened to be there. She was employed by the theater.

In a nutshell: it was local news after it was found out that it was not another attempt of a mass shooting like Aurora.

Now...I know where you are going with this. Why isn't it reported nationwide and kept in the news? Is it because it was thwarted by a CC'er? Yes and yes. It was not national news for a while becuase a mass killing was prevented. They don't report good things. If you are looking for media bias or anything I disagree with you. If the man was stopped by a uniformed LEO it would not be news also.
    ANGLICO, Brad426 and 68blackbird like this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The media probably wasn't interested as it was a case of a cop responding, even though off duty at the time. They thought, "See, the police are there to protect us!" Now if it had been Joe the Plumber who had stopped the shooter with his legally carried concealed handgun (or better yet--assault weapon!) that may have been newsworthy.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    It was reported on FOX and CNN (I was watching it the next morning and were planning on seeing the Hobbit that evening). It was in all of the Texas newspapers.

There are huge differences between Aurora and SA. Aurora was a trageted mass shooting that was planned with a guy dressed like a wantabe SWAT guy and had an evil AR with a 100 round magazine. Many people were killed.

In SA it appears the man was targeting a co-worker at a resteraunt and it spilled over to the theater. Two people were wounded, not a bunch killed.

The off duty deputey was not a person that just happened to be there. She was employed by the theater.

In a nutshell: it was local news after it was found out that it was not another attempt of a mass shooting like Aurora.

Now...I know where you are going with this. Why isn't it reported nationwide and kept in the news? Is it because it was thwarted by a CC'er? Yes and yes. It was not national news for a while becuase a mass killing was prevented. They don't report good things. If you are looking for media bias or anything I disagree with you. If the man was stopped by a uniformed LEO it would not be news also.
    That's ok Suntzu, I respect your views but disagree. I feel it clearly shows bias. When the nation was grieving over the Sandy Hook Shooting, reports from an unbiased media would have also helped dispel the anti gun politics to mount the assault weapons ban. Remember, never let a good crisis go to waste. If it wasn't an attempt at another mass shooting what was he doing in the theater. His deed was completed in the restaurant. I guess we'll never know thanks to the CC'er.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    That's ok Suntzu, I respect your views but disagree. I feel it clearly shows bias. When the nation was grieving over the Sandy Hook Shooting, reports from an unbiased media would have also helped dispel the anti gun politics to mount the assault weapons ban. Remember, never let a good crisis go to waste. If it wasn't an attempt at another mass shooting what was he doing in the theater. His deed was completed in the restaurant. I guess we'll never know thanks to the CC'er.
    OK, whatever..I respect your views but you seem to be one of a very few that think it was an attempt at a mass murder. And there was no evil black gun involved so no correlation to the shooting in Sanfy Hook.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”

You've heard the old saying, "No news is good news." Well, when it comes to the media, it goes, "Good news is no news."

It doesn't support their agenda and there's no way to spin it so that it does. Basically, an armed security person stopped a mass shooting. There's no way they can sensationalize that into supporting their agenda or the agendas of those who support them. That's just the way the media is...and most people blindly accept whatever pill they're pushing and don't even realize the manipulation. Most Americans shake their head at China's censorship and think "what a shame" all the while never realizing they're sitting in the shaddow of it themselves.
    Jeanlouise, Lish, DPro.40 and 2 others like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I think there's a point being overlooked. This is a stand alone event which you acknowledge. A shooting doesn't need to be tied to another Shooting. It doesn't have to be linked to Sandy Hook, while I admit a made a reference. Shootings don't have to be related to AR's. I don't think a "black gun" is the issue. Shooting started in one location and followed those fleeing into a theater instead of leaving. I think that establishes intent. If the intent was just a specific victim then he should have turned into a fleeing felon after the crime. I don't think I'm in the minority when I say reporting this nationwide didn't fit the bias agenda.
    Ronald Reagan

Even though he didnt have a mean weapon, did no go there to kill many and the good guy (Gal) was in plain clothes, do you think he would have not gone into the theater if she were wearing her uniform? I have nothing against LEO,in fact I know they are there to protect us. They, however, can not be everywhere. As for the news media, the did minimal coverage of a report, falling short of their responsibility to report the news

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    The local media here reports on all shooting. They have a lot to report.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Thats crazy I never heard anything about it in Arizona...

Quote Originally Posted by busyshielding View Post
    Thats crazy I never heard anything about it in Arizona...
    I know, I didn't hear about it on the news in Missouri either. I stumbled upon it on the net.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    This is the first I heard about it here in CA. And Yes I see the Biased agenda. DR

Heard about it in Oklahoma didn't get a lot of attention really don't think it needs much . She wasn't an ordinary citizen carrying concealed she is an off duty deputy who was employed by the theater. I believe if it was a armed citizen there may be more reporting on it, next time you got to the movies pay attention see if there are any signs stating you can't carry a weapon on the grounds. Went to one in Indiana while visiting family and there was a sign, no weapons.

First I saw of it was today on a Facebook feed. And yes there is a direct correlation to CT, a person hell bent on destruction was shooting at innocent victims, do not marginalize the people in San Antonio because the shooter did not carry a rifle. The FACT is, that it takes a Good guy (gal) with a gun, to stop a bad guy with a gun.

The point is that the Mass Media (National) is selective on what they want to report, how much are they profiting on the deaths of innocents? It is pretty sick.

All in all this incident could have been much worse if the off-duty deputy had not stopped him.

We need fewer victims, and the only way to get there is to educate, and allow citizens to protect themselves.

Which, is why we are all here I would guess.

I guess I am having trouble wrapping my head around what the problem is. I woke up and heard about it on the local news and the only reason I paid attention was because it happened at a theater where they were playing the Hobbit. My son and I were going to go see that later. Other than that there was nothing in the story that struck me as being newsworthy for the entire country. A guy goes to shoot his GF in a resteraunt and for some reason everbody flees to a theater where the gunman goes also. He was not planning on going to the theater according to the new. Gunman dead, two wounded...........typical news story for San Antonio and other big cities. I honestly would not even had paid attention if they did not say "Hobbit".

What am I missing? I think folks are trying to make a mountain our of a mole hill.

IF the gunman had killed 30 people and a CC'er stopped him it would be HUGE news, not just because of the death toll but because of the national discussion on gun control. I do not think the national media ignored it ( I did see a blurb on CNN and FOX, but that is what it was, a blurb) it just wasn't that newsworthy. I just looked up local news for many major citied over the last 2 weeks and there are some very interesting murders and gun related things....but not worthy of national news.

Do you guys think this should have been news if there was no Aurora shooting or Sandy Hook? They made news because a butt load of people got killed.....that was the story. If they were all knifed to death or a ceiling collaped, or a bomb went off it would have been news. A gunman dead and two wounded is not......that big of a deal.

Like Freud said, sometimes a bananna is just a bannana.
    WyoShooter likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links