Durham NC police charge two teens, 12-year-old with murder

This is a discussion on Durham NC police charge two teens, 12-year-old with murder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I have been following this from when it was first reported and am still absolutely speechless. I cannot understand what would prompt kids that young ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By NC Bullseye
  • 1 Post By Fitch

Thread: Durham NC police charge two teens, 12-year-old with murder

VIP Member

I have been following this from when it was first reported and am still absolutely speechless. I cannot understand what would prompt kids that young to commit murder.

Durham, N.C. — Durham police have charged two teens and a 12-year-old girl with murder after the trio allegedly carjacked and killed a 35-year-old man on Firth Road in northern Durham on Friday night.

The 12-year-old girl accidentally shot herself in the stomach and leg while inside the victim's SUV, police said. She was treated and released from a local hospital, then placed in a Durham County juvenile facility. Police did not release her name but said she is from Raleigh.

Police say the 12-year-old girl, a 14-year-old girl and a 16-year-old boy asked Johnny Danilo Villatoro, of Durham, for a ride shortly before 7 p.m. Friday night.
    Durham police charge two teens, 12-year-old with murder :: WRAL.com
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I have been following this from when it was first reported and am still absolutely speechless. I cannot understand what would prompt kids that young to commit murder.

Durham police charge two teens, 12-year-old with murder :: WRAL.com
    Mind you that I have no first hand knowledge, but I would bet there was a video game with the same endeavor or that they were "taught" this behavior,,,,,,,I, nor my children, would have never dreamed of this behavior.....

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No to hitchhikers.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Time to feed that gators...two for the adult pond, and one for the baby pond.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

msgt, I've been doing some pondering on this one also. I wonder how many armed citizens would have been able to get past the apparent ages of these kids and deploy lethal force in time to stop the attack. I wonder if this factor had anything to do with the outcome of this very situation.

We all talk with a swagger when it's here in black and white with the ability to backspace if we make a mistake but I truly feel that if I encountered kids that age the OODA loop may have to run a few extra cycles before I could stop a threat like that.

This is one that while not one for open forum scenario playing at least one to run through your own mind just to get a grasp on it.
    darbo likes this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Mind you that I have no first hand knowledge, but I would bet there was a video game with the same endeavor or that they were "taught" this behavior,,,,,,,I, nor my children, would have never dreamed of this behavior.....
    And I'm sure that there was never a horse thief or stagecoach robber who was under 18.

VIP Member
    BEC's?????

Guy was a dummy, unless they promised him, or he thought the girls were older , and that there may have been a little "something in it" for him.
    Still, you must assess every situation that presents itself, and then decide what would be an acceptable risk.

He chose unwisely in this instance.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oneshot View Post
    BEC's?????

Guy was a dummy, unless they promised him, or he thought the girls were older , and that there may have been a little "something in it" for him.
    Still, you must assess every situation that presents itself, and then decide what would be an acceptable risk.

He chose unwisely in this instance.
    Or, the guy was a concerned father with children and babies of his own at home who thought he was doing the right thing taking some kids home. I see no evidence of any wrong doing or any of the dispicable things, bordering on being a pedafile, that you hint at in your post. It's most likely the guy is exactly what he appears, an innocent victim of kids with no morals or sense of right and wrong at all.

He's unable to defend himself because he's a murder victim. He's innocent until proven guilty, at least in my eyes.

Fitch
    ep1953 likes this.
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Links