Lock up your guns, NOW!

This is a discussion on Lock up your guns, NOW! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; If you have more than one gun, and you don't have a safe. Sell a gun, and get a safe... The press is using VICTIMS ...

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 5 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By linuss
  • 3 Post By atctimmy
  • 1 Post By minimalbrat
  • 2 Post By BugDude

Thread: Lock up your guns, NOW!

Lock up your guns, NOW!

If you have more than one gun, and you don't have a safe. Sell a gun, and get a safe...

The press is using VICTIMS of crime to show how criminals get guns.

Story here: http://m.wbtv.com/autojuice?targetUr...-on-the-street
    BugDude likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Maybe they gave out the combination to their safe??? Article doesn't say either way.

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    If you have more than one gun, and you don't have a safe. Sell a gun, and get a safe...

The press is using VICTIMS of crime to show how criminals get guns.

Story here: WBTV NEWS
    The press SHOULD use criminals on the streets to show how liberal and weak our judicial system has been.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Let's pitch in and buy their editor AND writer a basic English book... holy hell that was hard to understand.
    Brad426 likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Let's pitch in and buy their editor AND writer a basic English book... holy hell that was hard to understand.
    Lies are always hard to understand once they are in the light.
    BugDude, Brad426 and mg27 like this.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I recognized WBTV and thought, "Oh, Charlotte. That explains the quality editing." Says much about the school system.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Not much to go on here, but as the people were injured in the home invasion it would seem that a safe would not have stopped them, it is quite possible that the firearms were in a safe and the occupants were forced to open it, possibly the cause of the injuries.

Still a safe is a good idea to have, also being armed at all times (even in your own home) and knowing when and how to use them,
    1911 when a follow up shot just isn't an option

Quote Originally Posted by linuss View Post
    Amen. I am not kidding when I say my 10-year-old nephew could have written that better.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Re: Lock up your guns, NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Maybe they gave out the combination to their safe??? Article doesn't say either way.
    That's the truth.. But still, we need to do all we can to keep our guns in our hands. Not everybody does.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The press SHOULD use criminals on the streets to show how liberal and weak our judicial system has been.
    Yes, but see above.

Quote Originally Posted by ntkb View Post
    Not much to go on here, but as the people were injured in the home invasion it would seem that a safe would not have stopped them, it is quite possible that the firearms were in a safe and the occupants were forced to open it, possibly the cause of the injuries.

Still a safe is a good idea to have, also being armed at all times (even in your own home) and knowing when and how to use them,
    AMEN!

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    Amen. I am not kidding when I say my 10-year-old nephew could have written that better.
    Yes, but he was too busy actually DOING his English homework!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Someone pushed their way into a home. Not enough information on how this happened. You don't open your door to people you don't know. There was a time I had the doors unlocked all the time. Didn't even worry if I forgot to lock them before I went to bed. I had all the windows open in the summer time and didn't bother to close them when I went upstairs to bed. This time is no more. I have a gun on me, just about, at all time. My husband thinks this is crazy. That being said I live in my home not in a prison. I have my carry with me at all times and one in the night stand and one in my desk. I can see locking your guns up when you aren't going to be home other than that what good do they do if you can't get to them right away. You broke the law to get in. I do not open my door to people I do not know. The lock on my door is to protect you not me. I do not have to lock up my guns. You break into my house what you should expect is for me to shoot you.
    aus71383 likes this.
    Our House Is Protected By The Good Lord And A gun. You Might Meet Both Of Them If You Show Up Inside My House Uninvited.

Quote Originally Posted by minimalbrat View Post
    Someone pushed their way into a home. Not enough information on how this happened. You don't open your door to people you don't know. There was a time I had the doors unlocked all the time. Didn't even worry if I forgot to lock them before I went to bed. I had all the windows open in the summer time and didn't bother to close them when I went upstairs to bed. This time is no more. I have a gun on me, just about, at all time. My husband thinks this is crazy. That being said I live in my home not in a prison. I have my carry with me at all times and one in the night stand and one in my desk. I can see locking your guns up when you aren't going to be home other than that what good do they do if you can't get to them right away. You broke the law to get in. I do not open my door to people I do not know. The lock on my door is to protect you not me. I do not have to lock up my guns. You break into my house what you should expect is for me to shoot you.
    +1 whats not in my safe is what an intruder should be worried about!

Duh!

Heck, nowadays you need to lock up everything of value, not just guns.

We were the victims of a recent burglary. It was a random smash and grab and whoever it was took six of my firearms that I will never see again. We had looked at purchasing a gun safe last summer but due to the wife's job situation not looking good, we passed. Wish now that we had "bitten the bullet" and got one. Luckily the thief was not in our home long and my coin collection and wife's jewlery went unoticed.

Nothing is sacred to a theif. Cops told me that guns are #1 on the list for theft then jewlery, coins and electronic devices. Burgulary and home invasion is on the rise. The Police Detective assigned my case told me he got 6 more cases after mine. We are under siege by thieves and there seems to be no end in sight.

Unless the justice system does some real punishment instead of letting loose repeat offenders. Unless we can catch them in the process, shoot and kill them for their "rehabilitation" or they die from the drugs that they are addicted to and need to steal to keep the habit going then we will see this type of crime getting worse.

And I did not realize that Charlotte, NC news agencies hired 3rd graders on a 1st grade reading level to write their articles. Must be dang near impossible to find quality journalists these days.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by bigdogtx View Post
    Very True!!!

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I recognized WBTV and thought, "Oh, Charlotte. That explains the quality editing." Says much about the school system.
    Agreed. And to think that the people of this state just elected Charlotte's mayor governor.

First thing I did when my collection grew bigger than tool box size was buy a safe. A big, heavy, bolted to the floor, three men and a boy couldn't move it empty much less loaded down safe. Water and fire rated. Second thing was a monitored home security system. I just think it is a prudent measure all things considered.
    JoJoGunn and oakchas like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links