Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

This is a discussion on Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Stories like this make me sick. Sad that she ended her life, but pathetic that any time someone with mental problems does something with a ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

Stories like this make me sick. Sad that she ended her life, but pathetic that any time someone with mental problems does something with a firearm, it's the good citizens that take a hit with the repercussions. :(

2. Remove Ads

Ex Member
    Where there is a will there is a way. Got tall buildings in that town? Ban them also?

mkh
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    This is the part that caught my eye:

"Some are asking whether the weapon accidentally went off in the car. Others are delving into questions surrounding Texas’ gun laws and whether a longer waiting period might have saved the woman’s life."

How can the gun accidently go off in the car? I thought someone had to pull the trigger. Guess not.

The fact that she got in the car, drove to the gun shop, picked out a gun, waited for the paperwork to be processed, loaded it and got into the car tells me that was a pretty long waiting period, not an impulse suicide. This was something she was determined to do.

It's sad she did this, no matter what way it will be twisted.
    It could also tell you that it was a negligent discharge.

Women don't normally shoot themselves if they want to commit suicide. In my counseling classes they attribute this to not wanting to mess up their appearance. Don't know if that is true or not but still shooting is not the method of choice for most women.
    Last edited by mkh; January 1st, 2013 at 10:40 PM. Reason: spelling
    Hopyard likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post

Women don't normally shoot themselves if they want to commit suicide. In my counseling classes they attribute this to not wanting to mess up their appearance. Don't know if that is true or not but still shooting is to the method of choice for most women.
    Yup, a guy bled out in front of kids last year after an AD/ND in his vehicle. Went through an artery
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Senior Moderator
    Women don't normally shoot themselves if they want to commit suicide. In my counseling classes they attribute this to not wanting to mess up their appearance. Don't know if that is true or not but still shooting is to the method of choice for most women.
    Normally as compared to what?

The only differrence that I have noticed is that women tend to shoot themselves in the heart...a man usually shoots himself in the head. Thats how the woman keeps from messing up her apperance.
    Bark'n, HKinNY and NY27 like this.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

That's really sad. Her choice of using a gun is interesting, but I guess it helps give some confidence to the person doing the suicide. I'd be so scared of a disfigurement or a permanent disability, and I'd be thinking of all those horror stories of the gun being mishandled during the suicide attempt.

I'm sorry the woman didn't feel like she had any better options for fixing her current problems, it's really sad.
    Our current plan for Universal Iron Lung coverage, just sayin'.
    Wisest. Retirement. Plan. Ever.
    Good thing the March of Dimes worked. How, why?

Alternately, for those with a tool shed, ideas, or creative loved ones to tell..

Wait a second -

How many of these people in the "press" that jump all over a story like this also support active euthanasia or even doctor assisted euthanasia? Talk about hypocrites.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mkh View Post

^My dads aunt shot herself one morning with her husbands revolver.^^^^

IDK where she shot herself, but shes dead just the same.
    No note, no warning.

My prayers to the Revrends family.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

There have always been unstable people who self destructive. Some take longer roads like addicts and alcoholics. There are those who take a shorter path....guns, pills, hanging...ect ect. When I was a kid the girl down the street came home and found her mom in the running car in a closed up garage....red as a berry and dead as a doornail. Those people exist and sometimes no one knows how unstable they are until it is too late.

There is no way to stop them all. Never will be. The MSM that is trying to use this as propaganda is showing many of us how out of control they are. I don't buy their newspapers, magizines or watch their "news". I do nothing to support them.
    JoJoGunn and msgt/ret like this.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Re: Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

A very un Christian way to die.

We will never know why. I seriously doubt it was accidental.

Many many firearms suicide attempts end up unsuccessful. With permanent disfigurement the result.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

Quote Originally Posted by Jemsaal View Post
    Wait a second -

How many of these people in the "press" that jump all over a story like this also support active euthanasia or even doctor assisted euthanasia? Talk about hypocrites.
    What a bizarre reaching comment. All states which allow physician-assisted suicide require that the person be terminally-ill. I don't see any connection with this situation and your comment. Until someone in authority determines the facts (if it is possible), it is not clear if a waiting-period would have resulted in saving this woman's life. Personally, I think a waiting-period is a good idea. To me it allows for the potential of a cooler head to prevail therefore preventing the harming of someone else or yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by surferbum View Post
    What a bizarre reaching comment. All states which allow physician-assisted suicide require that the person be terminally-ill. I don't see any connection with this situation and your comment. Until someone in authority determines the facts (if it is possible), it is not clear if a waiting-period would have resulted in saving this woman's life. Personally, I think a waiting-period is a good idea. To me it allows for the potential of a cooler head to prevail therefore preventing the harming of someone else or yourself.
    Reaching? Not even close. How do we know the wife wasn't terminally ill? The fact that I was pointing out, is that those who write these types of articles have no problem with life being taken when it is in conjunction with their political views. However, if life is taken in such a way that it gives them a political hammer to pound on a view they dislike, it's immediately becomes a tragedy.

Want an illustration?

(This is NOT intended to argue for or against the subject being introduced - rather it just provides a very good example. I won't respond to responses concerning this example). In 2004, the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology published an article that documented 13 years of Finnish women having abortions. The result was that those who did, had 2.5x higher mortality rate than those women who gave birth. A second study in the Southern Medical Journalin August of 2002 concerning Medical patients had similar results (8 year study).

So why wasn't this brought to light? Because the subject does not fit the preexisting metanarrative of the American Press, so it simply doesn't see the light of day except for a few oddball journals.

In the subject at hand however, a gun was used to take a life. That fits the preexisting metanarrative of the American Press - "Guns are evil" - and thus, is thrust into the spotlight - even though it is hypocritical since the preexisting metanarrative of the left is that life can be taken by personal choice.
    Last edited by Jemsaal; January 1st, 2013 at 11:33 PM.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    It's almost as if she were determined to be a martyr in the fight for gun control.

Re: Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    It's almost as if she were determined to be a martyr in the fight for gun control.
    Then it will be a terrible shame if she died in vain. And, if that's the case, I hate to say I hope she did.
    It could be worse.
    "The History of our Revolution will be one continued Lye from one end to the other."
    John Adams
    "A gun is kind of like a parachute. If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again".

I find it perplexing that she chose to kill herself by driving to the store, taking the time to select a gun, selected the correct ammo for the gun, completed the paperwork, waited around for the approval, paid for her items, went out to her car, loaded the gun, then pulled the trigger. I wonder how the lack of immediate availability played a part in her decision to follow through with her choice to commit suicide through the use of a newly purchased gun.
    pittypat21 likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links