Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

This is a discussion on Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A pastor's wife bought a gun and used it to kill herself while still in the parking lot of the gun store. This happened in ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

A pastor's wife bought a gun and used it to kill herself while still in the parking lot of the gun store. This happened in Texas.

This is from the article:
    Considering that no note was left at the scene — and taking into account Deison’s role in the community — many questions remain. Some are asking whether the weapon accidentally went off in the car. Others are delving into questions surrounding Texas’ gun laws and whether a longer waiting period might have saved the woman’s life.

As for this latter point, the process of receiving a gun, background check included, only takes about 20 minutes. After going through the rather quick acquisition process, customers like Deison can simply walk out of the store, firearm in hand.

Considering that the pastor’s wife took her life in the McClelland Gun Shop parking lot right after purchasing a gun, it’s likely that criticism of this process will abound. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives plans to investigate whether the shop followed protocol in selling the weapon to Deison.
    This person wanted to kill herself. A "waiting period" would have either made her change her method of suicide or would have just delayed her actions by the length of the "waiting period". There is no evidence which proves that a "waiting period" will prevent suicides.

The rest of the story here: Pastor’s Wife Buys Gun From TX Shop — And Shoots Herself Dead in the Parking Lot | TheBlaze.com
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Kimberpackn's Avatar
    The findings in the case appear to be inconclusive. The question of whether it was suicide or an accident are not answered within the quote. It does look as though the real reason for the story may be to simply further the gun control agenda.
    We should not forget that the spark which ignited the American Revolution was caused by the British attempt to confiscate the firearms of the colonists. -

Patrick Henry

Senior Moderator
    Others are delving into questions surrounding Texas’ gun laws and whether a longer waiting period might have saved the woman’s life.

There ya go. Proof that the war against guns has fully devoloped. Every time someone does ANYTHING with a gun, the news media is going to whine about "there oughta be a law" against this and that.

Lets see how many mental midgets will jump on that bandwagon.
    The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it...- George Orwell

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

NMB
    At least she had the good sense not to shoot up a school before doing it.

Hope she finds some peace.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    People intent on committing suicide will not be deterred. My F-in-L committed suicide with a shotgun. If the gun had been taken out of the picture, no doubt he'd have found a sturdy tree limb instead.
    CharlesMorri and Wolf357 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

There is no evidence which proves that a "waiting period" will prevent suicides.
    That is debatable. There are studies that show that many folks have thought of suicide and if there was an easily avialbale way of doing it at the moment they would have. Yes, you could hang yourself, drive to a bridge or building, stick your head in an oven...but they do take away that impules of putting a gun to your head. Many times these happen while the person is on drugs on intoxicated. I can show you studies and you can show me studies.

I am NOT for waiting periods. But you can not unilaterally say that folks will always find another way of killing themselves. I knwo of a close friend that no matter what laws were in place he was going to kill himself..and he did. I also know of a person who would have killed herself if a gun was avialable to her. Fortunatley for her she was drunk and depressed and got help.
    brocktice likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

I wish people intent of taking them selfs out would do this and not try to take others with them.
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    ALWAYS CARRY - NEVER TELL

NRA MEMBER
    GOA MEMBER

Friend of Bill

VIP Member
    If she had driven her brand new Corvette into a bridge abutment, there would have been hardly a mention in the news.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Re: Bought a Gun and Killed Herself in Parking Lot of Gun Store

Maybe we should just outlaw pastors wives from buying guns instead of more gun laws

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Spade115 likes this.

Distinguished Member
    Wow, sad story. Not enough details emerging to form an opinion of what really happened. Relatively few females use firearms to kill themselves. Most prefer other methods. Intentional or otherwise it will be recorded as a death by firearm. Will only help to foster more anti-gun support after the customary media spin.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

Others are delving into questions surrounding Texas’ gun laws and whether a longer waiting period might have saved the woman’s life.
    What nonsense. As if Texas gun laws contributed to the death of a suicidal woman? That reasoning would have a waiting period for ropes, bed sheets, sleeping pills, and anything else people use to off themselves. How about a waiting period before closing the garage door on your car?

VIP Member
    This is the part that caught my eye:

"Some are asking whether the weapon accidentally went off in the car. Others are delving into questions surrounding Texas’ gun laws and whether a longer waiting period might have saved the woman’s life."

How can the gun accidently go off in the car? I thought someone had to pull the trigger. Guess not.

The fact that she got in the car, drove to the gun shop, picked out a gun, waited for the paperwork to be processed, loaded it and got into the car tells me that was a pretty long waiting period, not an impulse suicide. This was something she was determined to do.

It's sad she did this, no matter what way it will be twisted.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array GunGeezer's Avatar
    All of these kind of acts in the media circus prove only one thing. It's not about guns, it's about the mental health of America, a problem no one will address.

Some are asking whether the weapon accidentally went off in the car.
    I suppose she "accidentally" loaded the newly purchased gun as well?
    tcox4freedom and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    If she had driven her brand new Corvette into a bridge abutment in the dealer's parking lot, there would have been hardly a mention in the news.
    There, fixed.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links