Grand Slam

Grand Slam

This is a discussion on Grand Slam within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These heros can find a much better place to eat and spend money IMHO AP Graphics By Todd Starnes An Illinois police chief has banned ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Grand Slam

Grand Slam

These heros can find a much better place to eat and spend money IMHO

AP Graphics
    By Todd Starnes

An Illinois police chief has banned his officers from a Belleville Denny’s Restaurant after a manager told five on-duty detectives they had to leave because one of them had a firearm.

“The Belleville Police Department is very disheartened by the lack of respect shown to on-duty sworn police officers, Capt. Don Sax told Fox News. “Until further notice all on duty Belleville Police officers are banned from Denny’s Restaurant unless responding to an official call for service.”

The incident occurred on New Year’s Day when five detectives were eating at the restaurant. A manager approached their table and told one of the detectives that she had to take her weapon out to her car or leave the restaurant.

Read more: Denny's Refuses to Serve Gun-toting Police Officer - Guns - Fox Nation
    tony1990 likes this.

Every felon in Illinois is now casing the Denny's in Belleville. Any bets on 911 response-time to that address?
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

VIP Member
    I hope Denny's gets robbed 50 times this year.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

It's a shame because that grand slam breakfast is really good.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

VIP Member
    Who's bright idea was it to eat at Denny's in the first place? I'd rather eat lunch out of a gas station dumpster anyway.
    ep1953, RichB70 and wsquared like this.
    "Mind own business"
    "Always cut cards"

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    Who's bright idea was it to eat at Denny's in the first place? I'd rather eat lunch out of a gas station dumpster anyway.
    I agree, much in the same
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    --Richard Henry Lee, 1788

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

pathetic.. whats sad is that they dont see that they are truly hurting themselves... someday dennys or the manager will need an armed police officer... and it would be just consolation if that officer were not available..

crap like this makes me want to cry at how our country has become.. "liberal" and "progressive" used to mean you had an open mind and adopted new innovative ways to benefit the people.. now the entire country has turned into one closed minded hoplophobic progressive hornets nest. You cant even eat breakfast in public without ticking off someone and making a mess of things.

for the record, im not liberal nor progressive in most of my views.

Remind me to make a VERY large, well-publicized point to insult, degrade & inflame the same organization that stands between me and violent, lawless people. I think that's a GREAT IDEA!
    dangerranger and Exacto like this.
    There are only TWO kinds of people in this world; those who describe the world as filled with two kinds of people...and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ghost tracker View Post
    Every felon in Illinois is now casing the Denny's in Belleville. Any bets on 911 response-time to that address?
    You'll be able to time it with a calendar...

To the OP...
    With voters like this Denny's manager, it's no wonder how IL got it's politicians and gun laws.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I haven't eaten at a Denny's in decades. Remember the civil rights case they lost in the 90's? Denny's Restaurants to Pay $54 Million in Race Bias Suits - New York Times One of the defendant's were black Secret Service agents who were refused service. Stupid is as stupid does...
    EDC--XD9 Service and/or XDs-45 depending on my mood
    Soon-to-be new mama to a S&W 66-2 4"

Jason...if you open your mind too much your brain can fall out. That's what has happened to many a liberal.
    atctimmy and sauerpuss like this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

Denny's Employee Tells On-Duty Officer to Leave Guns In the Car or Exit Establishment

A Denny's Employee told on-duty officers who where dinning at the restaurant to leave their guns in the car or exit the establishment.

Here is the story: Police Chief Bans Officers From Denny’s After Manager Tells Detective to Leave Her Gun in the Car or Leave | TheBlaze.com
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

If you are at Dennys and it is your Birthday...Your life Sucks....
    atctimmy likes this.

VIP Member
    “The Belleville Police Department is very disheartened by the lack of respect shown to on-duty sworn police officers,” he said. “Until further notice all on duty Belleville Police officers are banned from Denny’s Restaurant unless responding to an official call for service.”
    I wonder just how quick they will respond now.
    oneshot likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

The spokesperson dismissed the incident as “miscommunication” and said that the manager was simply trying to do the right thing to address another customer’s complaints.
    Denny's had better re-evaluate that guy's suitability for his position as a manager. He's definitely not in the thinking game.
    Rock and Glock and oneshot like this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links