Nuts everywhere - Multiple Swiss Homicide

This is a discussion on Nuts everywhere - Multiple Swiss Homicide within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Three women killed in Swiss village shooting - latimes.com From time to time folks post about the lack of gun violence in Switzerland due to ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowman

Thread: Nuts everywhere - Multiple Swiss Homicide

VIP Member

Nuts everywhere - Multiple Swiss Homicide

Three women killed in Swiss village shooting - latimes.com

From time to time folks post about the lack of gun violence in Switzerland due to the fact that the men
    are all armed. Well, there are screwballs everywhere.

"Three women were shot and killed and two men were wounded before police in southern Switzerland disabled the gunman by shooting him in the chest,"

What is wrong with some people?
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Anywhere, anytime. And this after previously confiscating his weapons.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

The guy obviously had mental issues that he had been treated from in the past.

I had read an AP release about it early, that kept talking about "military style rifle" and then said the rifle was common and had been used by the Swiss military for the first half of the 20th century, which leads me to believe a 7.5 Schmidt Rubin rifle. But, the average news consumer wouldn't know that.

EDIT: I changed the title slightly Hopyard, to make it a bit clearer what the thread is about to help avoid duplicate threads.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'm sure this will send the Swiss gun grabbers into a fury.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

America does not have a monoploy on "wackos"............
    68blackbird likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by buckeye .45 View Post
    The guy obviously had mental issues that he had been treated from in the past.

I had read an AP release about it early, that kept talking about "military style rifle" and then said the rifle was common and had been used by the Swiss military for the first half of the 20th century, which leads me to believe a 7.5 Schmidt Rubin rifle. But, the average news consumer wouldn't know that.

EDIT: I changed the title slightly Hopyard, to make it a bit clearer what the thread is about to help avoid duplicate threads.
    Thanks for the edit.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

It really is very rare in Switzerland. I can recall there was one in 2001 in the canton of Zug, some weird cult massacre in 1994 as well as a guy who, in 1992, went door to door and shot 6 people I think. That's 4 in 20 years, though I won't claim this to be an exhaustive list. I'm sure a guy could find out more with this amazing contraption they call the internet.

It's worth noting that the arms issued to men currently 'in the militia' so to speak, are FULL AUTO! Mostly Sigs I think. If memory serves, after they are discharged, the full auto function is removed but they may keep the weapon.

Links