Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported

This is a discussion on Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; FayObserver.com - Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported for 24 hours This just proves that not all cops know how to handle ...

Thread: Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported

Distinguished Member Array skysoldier29's Avatar

Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported

FayObserver.com - Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported for 24 hours

This just proves that not all cops know how to handle weapons. This is an article from the local paper outside Fort Bragg.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Simple assumption made and a breakdown of communications. I suspect her appointment as "interim" chief may be accurate.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    She's lucky she didn't lose her finger completely. I noticed another officer is in the hospital for accidently shooting himself too.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    I have seen some scary stuff at the range involving local LEO's. I wonder what the "older model handgun" was?
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

VIP Member
    I once had a Fayettenamese police officer arrest me outside of his jurisdiction, inside my home after dragging me out of my bed, without a warrant or probable cause. Suffice to say, the prosecutor was happy to dismiss the charges.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I once had a Fayettenamese police officer arrest me outside of his jurisdiction, inside my home after dragging me out of my bed, without a warrant or probable cause. Suffice to say, the prosecutor was happy to dismiss the charges.
    There has been quite a bit of problems with the local LEOs lately. It got so bad that the state government wanted to appoint a panel to oversee the operations of the Fayetteville Police Department. I'm not really sure where that stands right now.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skysoldier29 View Post
    There has been quite a bit of problems with the local LEOs lately. It got so bad that the state government wanted to appoint a panel to oversee the operations of the Fayetteville Police Department. I'm not really sure where that stands right now.
    The incident I referred to occurred in 1981.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Re: Accidental shooting involving Fayetteville's interim police chief went unreported

OK. Well things have not gotten any better.

Sent using my phone.

I don't like to be around anyone playing/handling a gun. First thing I do is drop the mag, and check the chamber. And I have no interest at looking down te barrel, or pointing at my body.

Links