Very Good-You Can Count On Veterans

This is a discussion on Very Good-You Can Count On Veterans within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Actions speak for themselves: Homeless Veterans Intervene to Save Robbery Victim | Trending Now - Yahoo! News...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 2 Post By oneshot

Thread: Very Good-You Can Count On Veterans

VIP Member

Jetfuelrm likes this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Saw that on the news last night. I don't recall the report saying they were Vets, only homeless. Perhaps it came out later. It's kind of nice to see someone step up and help a stranger instead of refusing because it's not "a loved one."
    Jetfuelrm likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I'm glad they stepped in to help. The more people that would get involved the better this world might be.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Good for them. Take charge guys.............Taking charge!

Sad the polititians who send these heros off to foreign lands to fight, get a full pension after only one term, and these guys are homeless.
    I'd rather see the polititians homeless.
    All the bums (polititians) over in Disneyland on the Potomac need to go.

"I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts."
    Will Rogers

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
    Mark Twain

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress.... But then I repeat
    myself."Mark Twain

"If you put the government in charge of the desert, there would be a sand shortage within ten years." - A very wise man

Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Lily Tomlin:
    Ninety-eight percent of the adults in this country are decent, hardworking, honest
    Americans. It's the other lousy two percent that get all the publicity. But then, we elected them

Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it. Mark Twain
    mook012 and ep1953 like this.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

Sponsored Links