Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

This is a discussion on Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; He is a better person that me the first time I were to get hit with a pellet and I am sure it stings like ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

He is a better person that me the first time I were to get hit with a pellet and I am sure it stings like you know what I would have pulled mine.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds like Mohammed was walking around in condition white,and let somebody get the drop on him with a gun albeit a pellet gun but then was shot several times and still did not draw his weapon.I will bet money his thought process was Can I legally draw my gun,what If I draw and get in trouble because thats not a real gun.
    A real concern. Remember the scum always get the benefit of the doubt. That's who our "legal" system is here to protect. As honest law abiding citizens, we must protect ourselves.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Arborigine's Avatar
    Ah, Mohammed. You have failed. Apparently the Judicial system has put the responsability on the Citizens to remove the garbage from society. You got one more chance.
    I don't always have nothing to say, but when I do, I post it on Facebook.

I'd hate to be stupid one to bring a pellet gun to a GUN fight. You lose!! There is no fair fight, and no second place award. Win the fight. Pellet gun shooter would be wearing a body bag I'm afraid.
    DPro.40 likes this.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Having both read and posted incidents of pellet guns being lethal I would not hesitate in using lethal force whether it is a pellet gun or not, a threat of lethal force must be dealt with using appropriate force. Quick question, of the two guns pictured, if they were pointed at you which is the firearm and which is the pellet gun?

Attachment 66310 Attachment 66309

^^^^^^^^^^It didn't say in the article^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it was a rifle or pistol, but I will go on the belief that it was a pistol, which in MI. you still must obtain a pistol purchase permit, even though its only a pellet gun.

I believe I would have drawn on him, to get him to stop, and if he didn't he most likely would have taken lead.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Well for one thing the term "pellet gun" is ill-defined at least in terms of the media. In my day a pellet gun fired .177 or .22 lead pellets and if you were hit in the face with these, it would (a) hurt like hell and (b) could even kill. But today Airsoft pistols that fire plastic hollow balls are often called "pellet guns". That is a far different thing!
    Either way, though, if I was attacked with one I would draw and shoot, as most here would.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

"i see your pellet gun and raise you a 9 mm"

"i see yours, now let me show you mine"

this would be the time for a one liner as you draw.
    Lish and msgt/ret like this.

I'm speechless.
    He followed & harassed them in the store.
    They did not report the behavior to anyone there.
    THEN they left with the nut following them.
    THEN: He tried to KILL THEM.

Investigators said Quinnell fired 20 shots at close range at Mohammed,
    as they walked across the parking lot.
    SAY WHAT?
    From beginning to end, this was a failure in every aspect.
    If I was an instructor I would use this incident in every class,
    demonstrating the entire chain of failure.

VIP Member
    1) I'm sure I would have drawn and fired. Pellet gun or not. Pellet in the eye /jugular - gave bodily injury or death. But as soon as I saw a gun I am pretty sure I wouldn't be waiting for it's report to determine if it's a pellet gun. Furthermore, one cannot rely on the report - the guy could have a suppressor.

2) I wouldn't be so hard on the victim for choosing not to draw. We don't know all the facts. Maybe something happened before the guy started shooting, or maybe he just made the decision that he was not in enough danger to kill the man. The latter may be an incorrect decision, but we were not there. You all know how these news reports are often loose with the facts.
    Boozehound likes this.

Sorry but if this guy would have pulled a pellet gun on me I would have drawn on him, and I think the outcome would have been very different. I would assume there would be a trial if deadly force was used, but how can you tell the difference between a pellet pistol and a .22 pistol. LEO's I am sure have run into this issue before.

Quote Originally Posted by SIG_guy View Post
    Sorry but if this guy would have pulled a pellet gun on me I would have drawn on him, and I think the outcome would have been very different. I would assume there would be a trial if deadly force was used, but how can you tell the difference between a pellet pistol and a .22 pistol. LEO's I am sure have run into this issue before.
    Correct response. But I wouldn't assume there would be a trial.

On it's surface, it's a pretty clear cut case of lawful self defense. Especially with the perps gun laying at his feet in the parking lot as evidence he had it out and was ready to use it. The fact that it would have turned out to be "just a pellet gun" would not have had a bearing on the facts of the case. The facts would have been that you shot an "armed attacker." Case closed.
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

An up close pellet into the eye and into the brain could have been deadly...20 shots in the face?
    I wonder why the permit holder was CCing a firearm? Certainly not for self-defense...

I believe that I may have chosen a different response.
    A dirtbag with 50 previous incidents with the law? Why?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    "On it's surface, it's a pretty clear cut case of lawful self defense. Especially with the perps gun laying at his feet in the parking lot as evidence he had it out and was ready to use it. The fact that it would have turned out to be "just a pellet gun" would not have had a bearing on the facts of the case. The facts would have been that you shot an "armed attacker." Case closed. "

^^^Methinks that also. In the heat of the battle, a pellet gun can look and sound very much like a .22, and easily put one in fear of one's life.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Distinguished Member Array Burns's Avatar
    Pellet guns have killed many times and are not toys, I would respond with deadly force if I had to.
    Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable- JFK

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    20+ shots to the face? I'd have returned fire, too. I have one good eye, and if I lost it to some joker with a pellet gun, I'd be a bit mad.
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links