Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

This is a discussion on Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by GlassWolf 20+ shots to the face? I'd have returned fire, too. I have one good eye, and if I lost it to ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

Quote Originally Posted by GlassWolf View Post
    20+ shots to the face? I'd have returned fire, too. I have one good eye, and if I lost it to some joker with a pellet gun, I'd be a bit mad.
    20+ shots, 2 hits. But still I agree with you 100%

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Yeah, even if all of them missed, that's just being a poor shot.. I on the other hand, would not have missed. Sure it may not have been life threatening, but it does qualify as "grievous bodily harm" which is cause to return fire, legally speaking for my state. I'll not be blinded by some fool looking to make a statement.. It's not like he was just throwing red paint on a fur coat. (lol PETA)
    I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

VIP Member
    I would not have had restraint or hesitation in that situation. Least I hope night. Minimum risk is losing any eye. Could have brain damage with enough penetration. Worst outcome, you die. Definitely meets the requirement for serious bodily injury threshold.

All I can say to the man who failed to respond...a man's got to know his limitations. Clint said it best.
    Betty and Bark'n like this.

VIP Member
    There's a guy that needs to go away for a long time. He was arrested for battering his wife and then an elderly landlord. Nice.

The guy he shot was very lucky not to have been blinded in one eye since the bullet hit him above the eyebrow.

Probably the worst part is that now he'll always be on edge, never really feeling safe since he was attacked out of nowhere and for NO reason.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by whoppo View Post
    If Pasco had only passed that "49 strikes" law...
    I see you're familiar with Pasco County...

Unfortunately, violent crime is way too common here. Most of it tied to drugs either directly or indirectly. There are some whacked out people here. I keeps me head on a swivel...this isn't the rural mountains of Virginia I grew accustomed to where everybody knew everybody.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

VIP Member
    Pull a gun on me, whether it's a BB gun, pellet gun or a real gun. You've threatened my life and I will take the actions necessary to protect myself and end the threat.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

I have a .22 cal pellet rifle that I run hollow points in. Drops a squirrel no problem. I couldn't imagine getting hit in the face or he body. Depending on the type of pellet gun, some do sound like a suppressed weapon. Still would require a Dr to dig it out. I echo the actions of others here and would have fired him up too. It's not my fault his weapon of choice is inadequate.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array GlassWolf's Avatar
    Yeah I have an old Crosman Mk I .22 cal air pistol that uses Co2, turned up to full power, and that thing is.. devastating, even though it's a single shot pistol.

I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links