Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

This is a discussion on Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Just saw this on TV. The perp (with 50 previous run-ins with the law) shot at the guy's face over 20 times and hit him ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

Just saw this on TV. The perp (with 50 previous run-ins with the law) shot at the guy's face over 20 times and hit him in the face twice. The victim was legally carrying a concealed firearm and said he chose not to draw his weapon when he realized it was a pellet gun.

In my opinion, the perp is unfortunately lucky to be alive.

Arrest made in apparent Pasco hate crime
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    I do believe there would be a much different story to report if he had even pulled the pellet gun on me.
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

Distinguished Member
    The victim is a much better man than I. Pellet gun or .22, you cannot tell the difference in the instant it is pulled on you. I might have acted differently. Career criminal, he'll be out again in a couple of months.
    I shoot with a pistol and a Canon. We must all hang together amigos, or we will all hang separately. NRA life member.

VIP Member
    Having both read and posted incidents of pellet guns being lethal I would not hesitate in using lethal force whether it is a pellet gun or not, a threat of lethal force must be dealt with using appropriate force. Quick question, of the two guns pictured, if they were pointed at you which is the firearm and which is the pellet gun?

P1010192.jpg S&W_78G.JPG
    BugDude likes this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Mohammad said off camera that although he is relieved Quinnell is behind bars, his life has changed forever.

He said he will always be on guard now whenever he is in public.
    Sounds like Mohammed was walking around in condition white,and let somebody get the drop on him with a gun albeit a pellet gun but then was shot several times and still did not draw his weapon.I will bet money his thought process was Can I legally draw my gun,what If I draw and get in trouble because thats not a real gun.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

The guy with the pellet gun is VERY lucky to be alive. If he had done that to me, the outcome would have been vastly different.
    swiftyjuan and atctimmy like this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Re: Concealed Carrier Attacked with Pellet Gun

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Sounds like Mohammed was walking around in condition white,and let somebody get the drop on him with a gun albeit a pellet gun but then was shot several times and still did not draw his weapon.I will bet money his thought process was Can I legally draw my gun,what If I draw and get in trouble because thats not a real gun.
    The risk of getting out of bed is making the newspapers. The wind will speak truth. The choice is yours.

The world is a ghetto
    War
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

Another career idiot that once hes out will someday pick the wrong one to be stupid with.
    BugDude likes this.

What I see is a man who carries a gun for protection, but does not have the will to defend himself.

I suspect there are plenty of CCW holders who carry the gun as a false sense of security. People who have not really thought things through. People who, although they carry a gun, still live in denial and don't believe it will happen to them.

He can say all he wants to in interviews and in the reports. The bottom line, is like all street crimes, they happen in the blink of an eye and this guy was simply not prepared, or willing to use lethal force as a means to defend himself.

Fortunately for him... the statistics are on his side, that he'll never have another encounter like this again in his life. But if he does... He'll likely die the next time.

It's a brutal world out there. Just because you have a gun in your pocket or on your hip, does not mean you're capable of using it.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    What I see is a man who carries a gun for protection, but does not have the will to defend himself.

I suspect there are plenty of CCW holders who carry the gun as a false sense of security. People who have not really thought things through. People who, although they carry a gun, still live in denial and don't believe it will happen to them.

He can say all he wants to in interviews and in the reports. The bottom line, is like all street crimes, they happen in the blink of an eye and this guy was simply not prepared, or willing to use lethal force as a means to defend himself.

Fortunately for him... the statistics are on his side, that he'll never have another encounter like this again in his life. But if he does... He'll likely die the next time.

It's a brutal world out there. Just because you have a gun in your pocket or on your hip, does not mean you're capable of using it.
    Feed your demons, brother and keep them in your barn. Those hawks above your head, listen to the whistle.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    The perp (with 50 previous run-ins with the law
    It's true enough, the victim did not properly defend himself, however this is the other equation to the story.
    BugDude, thephanatik and Spade115 like this.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    It's true enough, the victim did not properly defend himself, however this is the other equation to the story.
    BINGO. What we have is a judicial system fail, not a gun problem. Somebody attacks me with a gun and I'm not waiting around to tell what kind. The headline would read, "Epic Fail. Former Repeat Offender Chooses Wrong Victim. Victim Solves Problem."
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Distinguished Member
    If Pasco had only passed that "49 strikes" law...
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    The Second Amendment *IS* Homeland Security
    --------------------- Μολὼν λαβέ ----------------------

WOW!!! hes carrying for protection. I wouldnt take the time to see if was a pellet gun or not. This day and age you cant tell if it is or not. Ive had some say my p-32 looks like a squirt gun. Yep its a squirt gun all right. It squirts 70 gr chunks of lead. lol. Saty safe everybody.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Real gun, BB gun, toy gun--makes no difference. Not to cops, not to me.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links