Four dead in townhouse shooting in Aurora, Colorado

This is a discussion on Four dead in townhouse shooting in Aurora, Colorado within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A gunman who barricaded himself inside a townhouse after killing three people in the home was shot to death by police on Saturday in Aurora, ...

Thread: Four dead in townhouse shooting in Aurora, Colorado

Four dead in townhouse shooting in Aurora, Colorado

A gunman who barricaded himself inside a townhouse after killing three people in the home was shot to death by police on Saturday in Aurora, Colorado, the same Denver suburb where 12 people were slain in a movie house massacre last July, police said.
    Four dead in townhouse shooting in Aurora, Colorado - Yahoo! News

You go media --- just what does this shooting have to do with the theater shooting.... Right nothing, but more subtle anti gun selling the public that guns are evil.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Interesting comment by one commenter. Rather indicts the media as these events occur with some frequency and are not always reported. Of course, enough are reported to make one wonder how informed the commenter is as well.

"If you're going to own guns to defend yourself, how come I never actually hear any stories of people successfully using their own guns to defend their homes against any threats? All I ever hear are people using guns to kill others for malicious purposes.
    Anazei, 46 mins ago"
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    You go media --- just what does this shooting have to do with the theater shooting.... Right nothing, but more subtle anti gun selling the public that guns are evil.
    True, the media is way out-of-hand, they clearly have their own agenda and bias. Personally I think their lies, misinformation, and "twisting of the facts" using the First amendment is much more harmful to the country than anything to do with the 2nd amendment, but we 2A people find outselves under the microscope by the media.

What can we do? Letters to the media are helpful, especially "To the Editor" or their "board". I've written to many editors and to the reporters themselves. I've always gotten a reply. However, better yet, I think that complaining to the advertisers (who essentially fund the media) would be the more effective. The advertisers are the Achilles heel of the media.............money talks.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Interesting comment by one commenter. Rather indicts the media as these events occur with some frequency and are not always reported. Of course, enough are reported to make one wonder how informed the commenter is as well.

"If you're going to own guns to defend yourself, how come I never actually hear any stories of people successfully using their own guns to defend their homes against any threats? All I ever hear are people using guns to kill others for malicious purposes.
    Anazei, 46 mins ago"

Tell the poster they need to open their circle of news outlets.
    "I got a lot of problems with you people!" - Frank Costanza

Links