Sandy Hook: Magazine Changes

This is a discussion on Sandy Hook: Magazine Changes within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This isn't going to change anti-gun people's minds about limiting the size of magazine, but this is the first report I've seen detailing that Lanza ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sandy Hook: Magazine Changes

This isn't going to change anti-gun people's minds about limiting the size of magazine, but this is the first report I've seen detailing that Lanza changed magazines multiple times, even when the magazine had as many as 15 rounds left.

Newtown shootings: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooter Adam Lanza Wore Earplugs - Courant.com
    Brad426 likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Oops...
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

The most important part:

(He) changed magazines frequently as he fired his way through the first-grade classrooms of Lauren Rousseau and Victoria Soto, sometimes shooting as few as 15 shots from a 30-round magazine, sources said.

So yeah... explain to me how only having 10 rounds in a mag would have saved lives.
    Jetfuelrm and shooterX like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

Look.......IMO........none of what's going on is about Sandy Hook or Lanza....if it were discussions would have been underway and plans in place to protect our kids in schools..........none of that has happened.....it doesn't matter what Lanza had or did, it's a matter of what the "Freak Show" wants........and they want Our Guns and to do away with the 2A...........plain and simple and will use any means necessary to gettem' from us.....U can bet on that.

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Look.......IMO........none of what's going on is about Sandy Hook or Lanza....if it were discussions would have been underway and plans in place to protect our kids in schools..........none of that has happened.....it doesn't matter what Lanza had or did, it's a matter of what the "Freak Show" wants.

ding ding ding ding

The deaths of innocent children at Sandy Hook are nothing more than political fodder for the people believe that they know better than their subjects - and that armed citizens make poor subjects.
    ErnieNWillis and FreeFalling like this.

Feinstien, would like to ban all guns, and at the moment all semi's .... both in terms of rifles, shotguns and handguns. Don't encourage her.

The facts are this ...... in terms of homicides, 1) it's not guns killing children, 2) they are most likely to be killed by their parents or relative, and 3) it's most likely to be committed by a woman. .

US Dept of Justice :

https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/ojjdp/187239.pdf

"Most homicides of young children are committed by family members through beatings or suffocation. Although victims include approximately equal numbers of boys and girls, offenders include a disproportionate number of women. "

There are an extremely miniscule number of homicides of children that ever have anything to do with guns.... vs parents, child molesters, etc...... The total homicides in children as a cause of death (see below link) the total was 6.0% in teenagers (basically same % as suicides), and 7.2% in children 1-4 yrs old. Homicides of children did NOT occur in 85% of the United States, but were the highest (per 100K) in large metropolitan areas. So, they know where the problems are ..... and it's not gun owners .... if they truly want to help and protect children.

Child Deaths - RightDiagnosis.com

Diseases and cancer total up to 26.6% of deaths in teenagers, and 19.7% in children 1-4 yrs of age. Accidents (39.6%), disease (26.6%/19.7%), and "other causes" (21.9 / 26.7%) ..... for teenagers total up to 88.1% , and 1-4 yrs old amount to 82.6% of deaths.

So, why are Doctors concerned about parents who own guns and have them in their homes. Seems Doctors could save more children's lives if they would do their job and be concerned with their healthcare and curing cancer, than whether the parents own guns.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    The most important part:

(He) changed magazines frequently as he fired his way through the first-grade classrooms of Lauren Rousseau and Victoria Soto, sometimes shooting as few as 15 shots from a 30-round magazine, sources said.

So yeah... explain to me how only having 10 rounds in a mag would have saved lives.
    I understand this concept however they fail to see or understand.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Look.......IMO........none of what's going on is about Sandy Hook or Lanza....if it were discussions would have been underway and plans in place to protect our kids in schools..........none of that has happened.....it doesn't matter what Lanza had or did, it's a matter of what the "Freak Show" wants........and they want Our Guns and to do away with the 2A...........plain and simple and will use any means necessary to gettem' from us.....U can bet on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by wsquared View Post
    ding ding ding ding

The deaths of innocent children at Sandy Hook are nothing more than political fodder for the people believe that they know better than their subjects - and that armed citizens make poor subjects.

^^^YEP^^^^^^^

We have a winner. Two in fact
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

The left is agenda driven, no amount of stats or common sense from any source will sway their opinion when they are hell bent on having their way. Obamacare is a good example, they had to use the Senate tactic of Reconciliation to push it through even when the majority of Americans were against it.

Henry Ford had it right...

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it."

“Most people spend more time and energy going around problems than in trying to solve them.”

Unfortunately it appears his quotes apply to some of our representatives in government in too many cases...

VIP Member
    If the shooter had been using Walker Colts and New York reloads, the anti's would still be clamoring for an AWB and 10-round mag limit.
    shooterX likes this.
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

VIP Member
    Lanza left a shotgun, capable of firing 20 rounds, in the trunk of the car.
    Moms owned a Saiga with a drum mag too?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    So, why are Doctors concerned about parents who own guns and have them in their homes. Seems Doctors could save more children's lives if they would do their job and be concerned with their healthcare and curing cancer, than whether the parents own guns.
    I would love for my kids Doctor to ask me if I have guns in my home.. I'd tell him to mind his own bee'swax and fire him on the spot, but then again I don't like how he talks to his employees.. the rude b_st_rd.
    Why?? Because at the last second, the Police are minutes away.

Quote Originally Posted by tdw63 View Post
    The left is agenda driven, no amount of stats or common sense from any source will sway their opinion when they are hell bent on having their way.
    And how is the right is different?
    keboostman and noway2 like this.
    "Was there no end to the conspiracy of irrational prejudice against Red Ryder and his peacemaker?"

Revolvers, “more elegant weapons for a more civilized age.”

Stay focused...... What is about to come down on us has nothing to do with:
    * Safety of children
    * Magazine size
    * Certain weapons
    * Background checks
    * Etc.

It is all about moving towards banning all firearms in America . This is plain to see from all the "gun control" laws already on the books. The danger is "they" have come to realize that many gun owners agree with most(if not all) of what "they" are now seeking.
    kapnketel likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links