Cuckoo for coco puffs...

This is a discussion on Cuckoo for coco puffs... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I think much of the conflicting information out there has a lot more to do with the 24 hour news cycle. Outlets like CNN that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Cuckoo for coco puffs...

I think much of the conflicting information out there has a lot more to do with the 24 hour news cycle. Outlets like CNN that are so eager to get the scoop and provide information to their viewers regardless of its credibility, put out a ton of bad information in the first couple days. It isn't any sort of grand conspiracy designed by the anti-gun lobby or the government.

Now...will they use bad information that is out there to further their agenda? I can't tell you...I have to get on the move now...a CNN helicopter is suddenly hovering over my house. They are obviously monitoring my posts and are now out to get me!
    atctimmy and msgt/ret like this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by TX expat View Post
    That's twice I've caught him doing this! If it keeps up I'm going to get a little paranoid.
    You are way behind on the paranoid curve.
    TX expat likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I don't believe the conspiracy nuts out there on this, but the way they are pushing so hard to ram gun bans down the pipe so quickly after this is a little bit of a red flag.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    You are way behind on the paranoid curve.
    Now you're just talkin' crazy.

I did see a new WiFi network show up in my neighborhood labeled "NSA mobile command". Think that means anything?
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    While I agree that the professor is a loon, I still have questions about what actually happened. It isn't all clear, at least to me.

I'm not saying it didn't happen, but I'm just not so sure we know what actually happened. Or why it happened.
    I agree 100%

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar

I did see a new WiFi network show up in my neighborhood labeled "NSA mobile command". Think that means anything?
    No Strings Attached??
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Doc View Post
    No Strings Attached??
    No strings. But a bunch of wires lead into this black van down the street...
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

It means you finally have a target. Might be time to make THEM paranoid. All this paranoia talk is scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEC724 View Post
    This guy reminds me of several of my tenured profs.

No disrespect intended towards Retsupt, and other respected scholars here, but academics don't always attract the best and brightest.
    It should; being a professor is a pretty sweet gig.

No Strings Attached??
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

No Strings Attached??

Re: Cuckoo for coco puffs...

Whacka whacka whacka.

Whadda rube!
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Funny you should mention that. I live in the country. Recently I noticed a strange car pull as close as it could get off the road to my property and just sit there for up to 10 minutes. I was discussing this with a neighbor up the road a bit and she said it was probably just somebody using my wifi and she asked if I had it secured. Well, no, I didn't. A quick call to my provider gave me the necessary info to secure my wifi. Then it asked me what I would like to name it. So I typed in State Enforcement Surveillance. My game cameras then captured the same car, pulling to the same spot and leaving moments later. It hasn't been back since. Later found out it was some folks grandson that live about 4 miles away.

Don't drag Coco Puffs into this,they ban Coco Puffs and they crossed the line
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links