Concealed Carry Holder Shoots Armed Robber

This is a discussion on Concealed Carry Holder Shoots Armed Robber within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; CONCEALED CARRY HOLDER TEACHES ARMED ROBBER WHY ITíS A BAD IDEA TO PULL A GUN ON A DAD Posted on January 9, 2013 at 4:10pm ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By 1MoreGoodGuy
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 1 Post By BugDude
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By Freedom Doc

Thread: Concealed Carry Holder Shoots Armed Robber

Concealed Carry Holder Shoots Armed Robber

CONCEALED CARRY HOLDER TEACHES ARMED ROBBER WHY ITíS A BAD IDEA TO PULL A GUN ON A DAD
    Posted on January 9, 2013 at 4:10pm by Jason Howerton Print ĽEmail Ľ

A father in Columbus, Ohio was forced to defend himself and his 2-month-old son when a man pulled a gun and attempted to rob him on Monday night. Luckily, Kelby Smith, 34, owns a permit to carry a concealed handgun and was able to shoot the robber.

The rest of the story here: Concealed Carry Holder Teaches Armed Robber Why It’s a Bad Idea to Pull a Gun on a Dad | Video | TheBlaze.com

The father shot the BG as he was running away...father claims the BG pointed the gun back at him and his son. Police determined he used his firearm in self-defense.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

2. Remove Ads

Score one for the good guys!! Need more of these stories, though the MSM won't give it much play.
    " But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself... Baa." Col. Dave Grossman on Sheep and Sheepdogs.

The wise man looks for ways to minimize mistakes, a fool boasts it will never happened to him.

"The problem is not the availability of guns, it is the availability of morons."
    - Antonio Meloni

Nice work by the victim.

Smith handed over all the money he had and the robber and took off on foot, but then reportedly pointed the gun back at the father and his baby...
    Smith then pulled out his legal handgun, for which he has a concealed carry permit, and fired at the suspect.

An attorney couldn't have stated it better.
    MACC12, 3wggl and OldVet like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If they (whoever "they" would be) only had a channel for all this stuff...
    NRA Life / Endowment UT, FL, passed and waiting for IL at the moment.

We need to get the Mother in Georgia on TV to be interviewed by somebody. Nothing resonates more with men and women alike than a mother protecting her children.
    OldVet likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Honestly we need MORE of this. Perhaps then, our stupid Liberals will get the message that we NEED guns more than their desire to remove them from us.

It will also send a shivering message that armed robbery may be met with equal if not deadlier force and that might make some of them think twice before committing the crime.

It is a sad commentary upon society that we would have to say this is the answer to crime though.
    BlueHawk76 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Senior Member Array Freedom Doc's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Honestly we need MORE of this. Perhaps then, our stupid Liberals will get the message that we NEED guns more than their desire to remove them from us.

It will also send a shivering message that armed robbery may be met with equal if not deadlier force and that might make some of them think twice before committing the crime.

It is a sad commentary upon society that we would have to say this is the answer to crime though.
    Why?

Sounds like you believe in the kind of utopia that the left seems to think we can have.

Or you may have been partially taken in by their propaganda.

I can sum up my take on with this:

Sometimes, you have to fight for your freedom.

(My response is to your last line about the sad commentary. I totally agree with the first part of your post).
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Anti-gunners seem to believe that if we just pass enough laws, we can have utopia. Unfortunately, utopia is NOT one of our choices.

Good for that dad! Bad for the robber who decided to point his gun at the dad and child as he was running away.

As a sidenote, has anyone else noticed that when there is a story like this, where there is a justified shooting, the article will include a file photo of a gun. I've noticed that it is almost always now a revolver, not one of those dreaded automatic, assault pistols. I see that as wanting to portray a revolver as the "normal" gun that normal & reasonable people would carry. Maybe I'm wrong on that though.

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    How many people can't help but wonder if the robber actually turned around and pointed the gun? I'm not saying he didn't, just asking? I am a natural skeptic, and I feel like I have to apply that to both sides of stories wether I like it and think it was justified or not.
    Walk softly ...

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    We need to get the Mother in Georgia on TV to be interviewed by somebody. Nothing resonates more with men and women alike than a mother protecting her children.
    Here one is: Mom Shoots, Kills Intruder to Protect Her Baby - YouTube
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

Links