Another School Shooting - This One in CA

This is a discussion on Another School Shooting - This One in CA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was one of the comments from the aricle. I think the commenter hit the nail on the head. "The strictes gun laws in the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Another School Shooting - This One in CA

This was one of the comments from the aricle. I think the commenter hit the nail on the head.

"The strictes gun laws in the country doesn't stop what is probably gang related activity. I figure it has to be gang related or it would be plastered all over the news because gang related is ignored by anti-gunners."
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Well, we know the police won't be able to get there in time to help, so why not try calling someone else? Some reporters would probably run right in if they thought they could get a Pulitzer out of it. The bad guys could be distracted shooting at them and give you time to escape. Sounds like a good plan to me...

I wonder if this kid played violent video games to?(what teenage boy doesn't?)
    Spade115 likes this.
    Walk softly ...

Where is my tinfoil hat?!?!?!?!
    This was done by the gub'mint so now they has an excuse to take shotguns too!!
    Someone call Alex Jones!!!

Here is hoping for a full and speedy recovery for the victims.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

un-sourced comments from Reddit.com state a teacher and a student were shot. The student was airlifted and the teacher refused medical treatment. The weapon used was a shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Domr View Post
    I'm guessing they're being quiet while they desperately find an anti-gun spin for this. Probably searching the BG's house hoping to find a link to "assault weapons"
    The anti concealed shotgun crowd should love this.
    Seriously, glad it wasn't worse. Need more details about this one.

Little by little I am beginning to think that some of these are part of an agenda to undermine the pro-gun groups and the second amendment.

Also think a lot of these guys want to get famous instead of being just another loser crying in the basement.

Besides that though...there was a recent shooting in south Florida where a girl was shot on a school bus. That didn't make national news. This story does. I don't know what to make of that. Reading the story though, a couple teachers confronted the shooter and convinced him to put the shotgun down.

Apparently two shots fired. One student hit and airlifted, second shot missed but a pellet grazed a teacher in the head and didn't want medical attention for it.
    bigmacque and Chemistry08 like this.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    second shot missed but a pellet grazed a teacher in the head and didn't want medical attention for it.
    I'd want a new pair of underwear...
    bigmacque, Spade115 and msgt/ret like this.
    My blog

WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    I'm almost hesitant to admit that I'm starting to agree with what cmdrdredd has suggested: that some of these are almost starting to look like plants by anti-gunners to keep the debate about gun control front and center. Obama would love that as his legacy: health care and gun control.

I just hate feeling like a conspiracy theorist and all that but consider this: Aurora, the mall in Oregon and Sandy Hook all resulted in the inability of the perpetrator to explain their reasons. Very much like a suicide bomber who takes himself with his losses. In this case, the suicide's not only take a few out with them, ultimately kill themself, but also push America more towards the brink of disarmament.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Two more disturbing points:
    1) ..., reporters asked police whether the suspected shooter had been suspended from school last year for carrying what parents told them was a "hit list." Police would not confirm those reports.
    2) But officials said the armed officer who is normally on campus got "snowed in" and was not on duty at the time of the shooting. About 1,000 students attend the high school.
    Uhhhhh, weather in Taft, CA is in the mid 40's to 60's for the next 10 days and the medics in the photo were wearing only windbreakers

More spin

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Taft is surrounded by mountains and an officer living as close as 20 minutes from the school could be living up the hills, and in the snow.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Isn't a shot gun a type of Assault Rifle?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    said he used a shotgun wonder how many news outlets will call it an assault rifle,

Maybe the shotgun was a 'semi-automatic'. Then the news would jump on it.
    DontTreadOnI likes this.
    "Confidence is food for the wise man but liquor for the fool"

It was an assault shotgun, they automatically reload themselves after being fired.
    (this is sarcasm for those unaware)

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    Little by little I am beginning to think that some of these are part of an agenda to undermine the pro-gun groups and the second amendment.
    Really? The agenda's been around much longer than just the last few weeks. Try: decades.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links