This is a discussion on Another School Shooting - This One in CA within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by BigStick Well, we know the police won't be able to get there in time to help, so why not try calling someone ...
No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.
So Senator Feinstein how do you explain this one? Is this the matrix you have in place in your State that you want all the schools of our Nation to follow? One of your States schools students is caught with a hit-list and you allow him to continue to attend your school?
I guess having a hit-list didn't indicated he was planing to do it right? But now he goes on a shooting rampage as his hit-list indicated he did have a plan of execution in the works? Am I missing something here Senator
Not to mention you also have the most stringent gun control laws in the Nation too. WOW you've got the right idea there don't you Senator! What a charming example the Golden State of California is setting! Is this the plan you have in mind for us all to adopt Senator Einstein...I mean Feinstein? Sorry I forgot the "F"
You were very full and forward-speaking. And then after lunch, it was as if you shut down and became very cautious. So my first question: Did anybody caution you between the morning and the afternoon sessions? ~ Dianne Feinstein Quote
Well, that day is gone, and it will not occur again. ~ Dianne Feinstein Quote
Family, Friends Of Girl Killed In School Bus Shooting Devastated By Loss « CBS Miami
It is a fact that in many cities in America the pizza delivery person has a better response time than emergency help...... Just saying.........
"One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
--Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney
Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."
Heard it on the news all afternoon ... remember this was their initial reports.....
1) 16 yr old boy wasn't there when 1st hour started, but then showed up with a 12 ga pump shotgun in hand. (next thing they'll want to ban).
2) He was targeting 2 specific students who had been bullying him.
3) He shot one 16 yr old boy at close range... who was in the hospital in serious condition, but they thought "might" survive.
4) He went to shoot the other boy, and the teacher was hurrying kids out the room, but got in the way .... and began talking to him..... talked him into not shooting anyone else and surrendering his gun. And, he did.
5) Girl taken to hospital to be checked because she complained the 'loud noise" hurt her hearing and ears.
6) News stressed ... he had 20 shotgun shells (they called them bullets) in his coat pocket..... a pale attempt it seemed to stress he had "lots of ammo" and fit into the 'ban high capacity' mag ban agenda.
7) News wanted the name of the teacher, and they refused to release it at the request of the teacher, who does not want to discuss it with the media and get involved in the media hype.
That's the key things I heard them reporting ..... over and over and over all afternoon.
Note: the article says 1 kid was shot and a teacher wounded. Nothing I heard reporting that.
1 kid shot, wanted to shoot a 2nd one but didn't, one kid went to hospital to check her hearing, and one teacher or kid... in trying to get away.... knocked a table over and fell... injuring themselves. The statement by the Police Chief, did not report 2 shot either... only 1.
The 2nd kid.... got to go home unharmed with a real life lesson about bullying.
I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."
There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.