You're doing it wrong! "Pittsburgh, PA Man shoots son instead of car thief."

This is a discussion on You're doing it wrong! "Pittsburgh, PA Man shoots son instead of car thief." within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH (KDKA) A man accidentally shot his son in the shoulder while attempting to thwart a supposed car thief. It happened around ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By ruso
  • 1 Post By theskunk
  • 5 Post By txron

Thread: You're doing it wrong! "Pittsburgh, PA Man shoots son instead of car thief."

You're doing it wrong! "Pittsburgh, PA Man shoots son instead of car thief."

Quote Originally Posted by PITTSBURGH (KDKA)
    A man accidentally shot his son in the shoulder while attempting to thwart a supposed car thief.

It happened around 5 a.m. on Central Avenue in Marshall-Shadeland Wednesday.

The incident started when the owner of the car, the son, heard commotion and ran outside to confront the car thief. Shortly after, the father followed with a gun.

Both men yelled at the alleged thief to stop, but when the father went to shoot at him, missed and hit his 27-year-old son in the shoulder instead.

Adding insult to injury, the thief was still successful and made away with the car.

Police are looking for the suspect and the car. The car is a 1986 gray Oldsmobile Cutlass with the license plate FLS4286.

The son was taken to Allegheny General Hospital and his injuries are not believed to be life-threatening.
    Man Shoots Son Instead Of Car Thief CBS Pittsburgh

Repeat after me everyone.. Rule #4 of gun safety: Be sure of your target and what is beyond it. I mean, I understand the father's need to protect the ownership of his beloved 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass, but this is the kind of stuff that gives us gun owners a bad name... not to mention a field day for the local news of a predominant city such as Pittsburgh. Am I the only one who's noticed the ridiculous amount of coverage of gun crime in their local news lately?

2. Remove Ads

I bet the mother is impressed.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Why would you defend the stealing of a 1986 gray Oldsmobile Cutlass? I would have put the pink slip on the dash and the keys woould have been in the ignition.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

Quote Originally Posted by txron View Post
    Why would you defend the stealing of a 1986 gray Oldsmobile Cutlass? I would have put the pink slip on the dash and the keys woould have been in the ignition.
    He probably "rubs it with a diaper."

NMB
    Can you use lethal force in defense of property in PA? He may be facing some criminal action if not.

This certainly doesnt sound like a case of self defense to me.
    NRA Member
    Certified Kitchen Gunsmith

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
    - C.S. Lewis

For a car! I wish this thug came to my house and took my car. He would do me a favor..

And now the Anti-gunners are going to have a field day with this one..

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    A new poster boy for being properly trained.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    Oh, don't you know it!
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by theskunk View Post
    I said DUK,he never does anything he's told in a timely manner....it's his fault
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Links