WH now considering funding Police in schools - Page 2

WH now considering funding Police in schools

This is a discussion on WH now considering funding Police in schools within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Brad426 I agree, but on the flip side wouldn't it actually create new jobs, thereby expanding the tax base? We don't need ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: WH now considering funding Police in schools

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I agree, but on the flip side wouldn't it actually create new jobs, thereby expanding the tax base?
    We don't need more people on the federal payroll. If you want to create a job lets make it local and keep the money local. How often do these mass shootings happen, most school security officers would sit all their life in a school waiting for a bad guy to appear and retire never seeing one. Protect the children but let each community decide what is best for them. One size does not fit all.
    ErnieNWillis likes this.
    NRA Patron Member
    GOA Life Member
    Never look down on anybody, unless you're helping them up.

VIP Member
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Quote Originally Posted by pipedream View Post
    The country is broke and the Feds are going to do this?? This reminds me of Clinton and the hundred thousand new police officers. I say let each state and community decide what works for them. Keep it local since the local sheriff/police, school board and community knows what is best for them. We might start first getting rid of gun free zones since they work about as good as drug free zones.
    I don't think "Federally employed armed security" is what anyone has in mind, only making funding available for those states and school districts that choose to have increased on-site security. Clinton didn't "hire" any LEOs, only made funding available, even if only for a short while. With all the crap the gov't funds (Measuring methane in cow farts for one), I think some of what is already being spent can be diverted to protecting schools. Thus, no "increase" in spending.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Its just a carrot being dangled... there is no reason current cc that work for a school district cant cc in the school. I work for a school district and I leave my firearm at home because the law says I cant take it inside. Now i can leave it in my vehicle that has a lockbox and lock the vehicle but my locks dont work and if something was to go down by the time i got to my vehicle and got it the whole thing would probably be over. Teachers and staff would have the option and the cost would be minimal because if there was an extra course to take I would fork over my own money to do it voluntarily and I am not the only one.
    pipedream likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links