No gun magazine charges for David Gregory

This is a discussion on No gun magazine charges for David Gregory within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; No gun magazine charges for David Gregory - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com I wish I had such connections so that I, too, could get the ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Jeanlouise
  • 2 Post By BigStick

Thread: No gun magazine charges for David Gregory

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

No gun magazine charges for David Gregory - Mackenzie Weinger - POLITICO.com

I wish I had such connections so that I, too, could get the favorable "prosecutorial discretion".
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Does him getting a pass really surprise anyone?

Two sets of rules. One for "we the people" and another for the "elite."

I think the guy should be prosecuted. He broke the law and therefore needs to pay the consequences.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    Does him getting a pass really surprise anyone?

Two sets of rules. One for "we the people" and another for the "elite."

I think the guy should be prosecuted. He broke the law and therefore needs to pay the consequences.
    He knowingly broke the law !
    EDC=Ruger LCP
    Florida CWFL
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by jrizzleP95 View Post
    He knowingly broke the law !
    And yet, the whole flap shows the inanity of it all. Had his broadcast office simply been 10mi west (into VA), there would be nothing for the gun-haters to grouse about. Quite simply, nobody was harmed by merely showing the dang thing ... and everyone knows it. It's statutory criminality, not inherent criminality with objective, actual harm to others.

That said: I'm sure he knew the legalities before he obtained it. If he didn't before, he surely does now.

Disagree on the bye, for such a class of persons. Unknown whether it was a bye due to his connections, caste or power, or due to the DA having some reasoning skills (on the inane concept) kick in. Who's to say.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    No surprise at all. It's a dumb law but they either should enforce it or get rid of it. Watch the next guy get caught with a magazine and use the "David Gregory Defense". That would be "I'm a main stream media Liberal and I don't have to follow your stinkin laws".
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    They asked for permission, it was denied, and then they did it anyway.

When I was a kid, if I screwed up, I got in trouble. If it was an accident, usually no big deal, but if I openly and intentionally defied my parents rules or will... it was not pretty.

Do I think what he did should be illegal? No, but that's not the point. He intentionally and brazenly defied the law, and broadcast it on national TV(not too many viewers, but still national TV). How can they not prosecute him? It is sending a clear message that it is ok to break the law, as long as you are a celebrity or have powerful friends. Yeah, great way to encourage law and order in your community mr DA.
    Boozehound and Truckinbutch like this.
    Walk softly ...

+1 on the above.

If Gregory (or NBC) asked if it was against the law and was informed that it indeed was against the law...........and he did it anyway..........why NOT prosecute?

Bet if I did the same I'd be paying for it with more than just egg on my face.

Sponsored Links