Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order

This is a discussion on Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I hope our county Sheriff would do that too. If push came to shove, I'm pretty sure he would. Most West Virginian's aren't going to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order

VIP Member
    I hope our county Sheriff would do that too. If push came to shove, I'm pretty sure he would. Most West Virginian's aren't going to hand over their lawful, constitutionally guaranteed guns.

It would be peaceful, Ghandi style resistance; something like, "Get the hell off my front porch or else".
    Truckinbutch likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

2. Remove Ads

Monongalia County Sheriff Alan Kisner is establishing an appointment schedule for CCW applicants because of the overwhelming numbers of his constituents coming in at the same time to apply . He is doing that for the benefit of the applicants so they won't have
    to stand in line for hours . Wish we didn't have term limits here . He's a genuine GOOD GUY .
    Jeanlouise and tubadude like this.

Distinguished Member Array bigmacque's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Is the idea of Gandi-style civil disobedience in order to keep weapons (intended to prevent gov't oppression) a wee bit amusing on some level?
    I like your sense of humor.
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Good for the sheriff! He is more astute and realistic than the more ignorant bureaucratic makers & shakers.

Quote Originally Posted by pappou68 View Post
    Good for the sheriff! He is more astute and realistic than the more ignorant bureaucratic makers & shakers.

High-minded and hard working, in a political (though somewhat removed [read: closer to the People]) role. A refreshing change.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Putting the law aside for just one second think of it this way. Your neighbor next to you for 10 years is a local Police officer and your kids and his kids go to the same school, play on the same sports team, sometimes you each babysit their kids and even may go to same church. If that Police Officer Neighbor or one of his fellow Officers comes to your house with orders to take your gun or arrest you, and you refuse to turn over your guns. Will your neighbor ( Police Officer ) shoot you if you resist and you pulled your gun to protect yourself. And would you really shoot him if he drew his gun. That is one hell of a situation that I hope never comes to pass but I think this Government would not care either way..

Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    Putting the law aside for just one second think of it this way. Your neighbor next to you for 10 years is a local Police officer and your kids and his kids go to the same school, play on the same sports team, sometimes you each babysit their kids and even may go to same church. If that Police Officer Neighbor or one of his fellow Officers comes to your house with orders to take your gun or arrest you, and you refuse to turn over your guns. Will your neighbor ( Police Officer ) shoot you if you resist and you pulled your gun to protect yourself. And would you really shoot him if he drew his gun. That is one hell of a situation that I hope never comes to pass but I think this Government would not care either way..
    re: Part in bold. Probably yes, what choice would you be leaving him? Since when is it OK to use deadly force
    against a public servant doing his job?

Next question is answered by it probably wouldn't happen and you wouldn't shoot your neighbor or an officer of the law.
    That is what BGs do.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

I just wrote my local sheriff and asked him if he would make a similar statement.

Im blessed to live in KY. Even one of our state reps after being broken into posted on a social site that she believed in castel doctrine and right to bear arms and would the thieves please feel welcome to try their luck again when she was home. You go girl!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links