Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order

This is a discussion on Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Kentucky sheriff to defy any Obama gun grab | RedState...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Good-Kentucky sheriff will defy any confiscation order

I've been to Jackson County and I'll tell you that the sheriff is being prudent... you don't want to try and disarm them there folks.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

There You Go.................Sworn To Uphold AND Defend The US Constitution.
    mano3, darbo, thephanatik and 4 others like this.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I think the uproar and resistance will be far greater than anyone in the administration realizes. They can only hope for Ghandi-style civil disobedience--but I don't see that happening.
    Last edited by OldVet; January 12th, 2013 at 01:12 PM.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Is the idea of Gandi-style civil disobedience in order to keep weapons (intended to prevent gov't oppression) a wee bit amusing on some level?
    Hopyard and bigmacque like this.
    Matching your Thanksgiving dinner spending to a DwB (MSF) donation seems poetic to me.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible with this (simple) discovery. Tell the kids about this and "type III levers"! It's an untapped technology...

Thats how all states should respond.. Look at all the tough gun law states and funny how their numbers are much higher then the rest of the US in murders and gun crimes....
    blanco64 likes this.

Exactly what should happen.

Protect and defend. Protect and defend.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

IMO.............it's gonna be a great next 4.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CanuckQue View Post
    Is the idea of Gandi-style civil disobedience in order to keep weapons (intended to prevent gov't oppression) a wee bit amusing on some level?
    Not in the irrational minds of the irrational administration.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I think the uproar and resistance will be far greater than anyone in the administration realizes. They can only hope for Gandi-style civil disobedience--but I don't see that happening.
    I'm curious what our Governor thinks OldVet I haven't heard anything from him about this issue at all. I'm surprised the Florida house or the Governor has not drafted something to the effect Wyoming has already. and if they will but am glad this Kentucky Sheriff took a stand.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    I think it's already in the state Constitution as our right.

Article 2:
    SECTION 8. Right to bear arms.—(a) The right of the people to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves and of the lawful authority of the state shall not be infringed, except that the manner of bearing arms may be regulated by law.

Note it doesn't say as allowed by the federal gov't and it only infringes as to the "manner" of carry.
    Jetfuelrm likes this.

Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest... - Mahatma Ghandi.

Administrator
    Your County Sheriff is your most valuable local elected official. They are the elected "by the people" official with the authority to boot the Feds out of their respective counties.
    The Sheriff is entrusted with that power and is oath/sworn to uphold the Constitution but, if they will have a set of ga~nutchies big, bad, and bold enough to do it - that will be something that citizens may want to find out in advance.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Not in the irrational minds of the irrational administration.
    And, then, after that, we could engage in gangland-style violence and mass riots in order to maintain our right to peaceful assembly?
    Matching your Thanksgiving dinner spending to a DwB (MSF) donation seems poetic to me.

As well, there are millions in potential patents possible with this (simple) discovery. Tell the kids about this and "type III levers"! It's an untapped technology...

I wrote my state rep and senator to look into sponsoring something like the WY proposed law. I haven't heard back from them yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links