Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War'

This is a discussion on Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet [Originally Posted by OldVet If Foxx and Jackson were men of principles, they would have refused to play those parts and ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 66
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War'

  1. #46
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    [Originally Posted by OldVet

    If Foxx and Jackson were men of principles, they would have refused to play those parts and to repeatedly say the "N" word. But they get paid soooo well to do it they just can't refuse.
    Plus, they have professional integrity and will follow the script and will listen to the director.

    Stir and waft the stew, yup. It's not done yet. ]

    Their "professional" participation is entirely voluntary and rewarded with a healthy paycheck. Yet each would be highly offended if they words they use "professionally" were used on them.
    Well Sam Jackson and Jaimee Foxx probably grasp the meaning of the word context, and they certainly appreciate good story telling. Even during much more racially heated times, people like Mark Twain could write "the "n" word" without having a mob of finger pointers chasing them around. And in the same understanding of the meaning of context, they'd have every right to get mad if it was actually used as a slur against them. These arguments against the movies and the artists involved are just weak and embarrassing as a white american. It's like arguing my right to carry a gun with people who dont know anything about them

  2. Remove Ads

  3. #47
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,936
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    [Originally Posted by OldVet

    If Foxx and Jackson were men of principles, they would have refused to play those parts and to repeatedly say the "N" word. But they get paid soooo well to do it they just can't refuse.]

    "Plus, they have professional integrity and will follow the script and will listen to the director.

    Stir and waft the stew, yup. It's not done yet."

    Their "professional" participation is entirely voluntary and rewarded with a healthy paycheck. Yet each would be highly offended if they words they use "professionally" were used on them.
    Look, I'm a judicious user of the N-word and so are they so..........

    draw your weapon with a pencil

    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  4. #48
    Distinguished Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    Sorry, but I'd still take creativity from the independent movie makers over movies that are watered down by production notes and PC movie executives. Same for TV. There's a reason why "Greys Anatomy" is on CBS and shows like "Sons of Anarchy" and "Breeaking Bad" are on cable, because those networks appreciate good creative writing, and real dialogue.
    The "n" word, as we like to call it, is appropriate to the setting of the movie. And of course the news is reporting that people are walking out. Since when did we start believing anything we see on the news? My Black friends arent that ridiculous, and they know the difference between watching a movie and real racism.

    And if you want watered down garbage go see what Steven Spielberg did with "Lincoln". It's nice and fluffy
    If you mean watered down language, I found it representative of the northern elite of the time AFAIK, without any gratuitous language that one expects of Tarentino. If you mean watered down violence, the expression of the actors reflect the hearts and souls of those against backdrop of the final days of the Civil War. Anyway, both Django and Lincoln are thumbs up as is (last and least) Gangster Squad.
    Doghandler likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  5. #49
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    If you mean watered down language, I found it representative of the northern elite of the time AFAIK, without any gratuitous language that one expects of Tarentino. If you mean watered down violence, the expression of the actors reflect the hearts and souls of those against backdrop of the final days of the Civil War. Anyway, both Django and Lincoln are thumbs up as is (last and least) Gangster Squad.
    I think it reflects an image and a sentiment we were taught and expected to believe, but other than that, what they put on paper is all we were left with. American History is full of fluff, and Spielberg was never going to be the guy to make anything honest out of it. Tarantino doesnt go after history, it's a story about a freed slave done in blaxploitation style, it doesnt have to be honest, but in a way it more so is.
    Pistology likes this.

  6. #50
    Distinguished Member
    Array Pistology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    South Coast LA Cty
    Posts
    1,988
    Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    I think it reflects an image and a sentiment we were taught and expected to believe, but other than that, what they put on paper is all we were left with. American History is full of fluff, and Spielberg was never going to be the guy to make anything honest out of it. Tarantino doesnt go after history, it's a story about a freed slave done in blaxploitation style, it doesnt have to be honest, but in a way it more so is.
    You capitalize "American History" as a school course. History is full of surprises, not to mention contemporaries, as far as who the real friends and foes of life, liberty, happiness and the Constitution are. I guess that's that crux of it.
    Education is but the ability to educate oneself. If one can't do that, then one doesn't have an education above the primary level. There are plenty of historians and librarians to help one who seeks a fuller picture even if it is grittier and less romantic than the popular belief.
    SayVandelay likes this.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

  7. #51
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    You capitalize "American History" as a school course. History is full of surprises, not to mention contemporaries, as far as who the real friends and foes of life, liberty, happiness and the Constitution are. I guess that's that crux of it.
    Education is but the ability to educate oneself. If one can't do that, then one doesn't have an education above the primary level. There are plenty of historians and librarians to help one who seeks a fuller picture even if it is grittier and less romantic than the popular belief.
    The best history teacher I ever had told us on our first day to put our book at the bottom of the locker and never take it out. Later in the year someone asked why he hates the book. He took out the book and showed us the 5 chapters about the Civil War. Then he showed us the ONE page about Vietnam. That's how I learned about self education.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

  8. #52
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,880
    Ah lurned al abot selph edukation two.
    Doghandler and Darrow75 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  9. #53
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,936
    Same as it ever was

    OD* likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  10. #54
    OD*
    OD* is online now
    Moderator
    Array OD*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Coopersville
    Posts
    10,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Same as it ever was

    Love Daivd Bryne, hard to believe he has an IQ of 140+.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

    "Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

    "There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

  11. #55
    Distinguished Member Array Doghandler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    West Branch
    Posts
    1,936
    Not hard for me to believe. High IQs are a dime a dozen in my work place.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

  12. #56
    VIP Member
    Array Jeanlouise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Almost Heaven
    Posts
    2,119
    I wonder if most of the big mouths are just that...big mouths. Are they capable of coordinating any real threat?
    When I see/hear Farrakahn spouting off in his super slithery voice, he seems to be a more clown like than threatening.

    Are the "free phones" group capable of acting as a coordinated group or are they so dependent on the government that they would be paralized if expected to perform?

    Is that naive or realistic thinking?
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; January 13th, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

    http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

  13. #57
    Member Array RichB70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    So N.V
    Posts
    139
    I am a movie buff, but I will draw the line on this one. Jamie stating "I loved shooting all those white people" did it for me.



    Rich
    Spirit51 and PAPADALE1 like this.

  14. #58
    VIP Member
    Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Posts
    15,880
    Having a high IQ doesn't make one not stupid.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

  15. #59
    Ex Member Array SayVandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    401
    Quote Originally Posted by RichB70 View Post
    I am a movie buff, but I will draw the line on this one. Jamie stating "I loved shooting all those white people" did it for me.
    That's not the quote and even the misquote is taken out of context...

    “I play a slave. How black is that? I have to wear chains. How whack is that? But don’t worry. I get free. I save my wife and I kill all the white people in the movie. How great is that?”

    He killed all the white people in the movie, all of which were racist slave owners. People are getting ridiculous hand picking these lines an twisting them from their original context. Everyone needs to grow a pair, and find something that's actually worthy of all this outrage. If I didnt know better I'd think you were all leftist finger pointers...I'm supposed to be the liberal

  16. #60
    Senior Member Array Chevy-SS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Rhode Island
    Posts
    926
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    No matter how much we have become integrated, less racist and more acceptable of those who may have a different colour of skin, there will always be the race baiters. They have a purpose and that is to keep racism alive and well. If it is gone then what will they do? They can't scream racism if it is gone now, can they?

    Mr. Farrakahn is a prime example of how not to eliminate racism. Mr. Jackson and Mr. Sharpton also "racists", put in their two cents on the issue as well.

    If these people don't get the press they strive for then sooner or later their message of hate will disappear as a Seals & Crofts song once said "Like the vapour in the desert." Don't give them the attention or time they want. That is the way.

    Yes, yes, this is the more appropriate response IMHO. I would take it even further. I would advocate responding with non-violence, compassion and love as much as possible. We should take a lesson from Ghandi. "When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love has always won. There have been tyrants and murderers and for a time they seem invincible but in the end, they always fall - think of it, always.." by Mahatma Gandhi

    Don't get me wrong. I'm still gonna be armed and defend my family if necessary - but I am gonna dish out 'truth and love' whenever possible.
    JoJoGunn and Pistology like this.
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

black panther criticizes her django unchained
,

django race baiting

,
django race war farrakhan thread
,

django unchained race baiting

,
farrakhan django
,
farrakhan django unchained thread
,
farrakhan on 'django unchained': it's preparation for race war
,
farrakhan on django
,
lewis farrakhan and lincoln
,
lewis farrakhan django
,
louis farrakhan calling for race war
,
louis farrakhan calls for race war
Click on a term to search for related topics.