Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War' - Page 5

Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War'

This is a discussion on Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War' within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Yes, they fall, and some other evil fills that void....

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War'

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    Yes, they fall, and some other evil fills that void.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by SayVandelay View Post
    If I didnt know better I'd think you were all leftist finger pointers...I'm supposed to be the liberal
    The way you "sugar coated" those offensive words from Fox....your being a liberal shows. Don't worry, I am not confused by who you actually are.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

KoB

Re: Farrakhan on 'Django Unchained': 'It's Preparation for Race War'

Quote Originally Posted by Aiko View Post
    I saw the movie yesterday, outstanding. Samuel Jackson was very good.
    No...Samuel Jackson made the movie to me! He was the reason why I saw it.

KMB, I

VIP Member
    Following my general idea that if I contribute to the wealth of liberal spokespersons, I'm furthering their agenda, I haven't seen the movie, nor will I. I won't pay to see a QT film, nor will I pay money to watch Sam Jackson act. They have their view of the world (which is in direct opposition to my own) and I'd rather not put my dollars in their pocket.
    Spirit51 likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

It's like stink on poop, it's everywhere.
    The police are not there to protect you from crime, they are there to arrest the guy after the crime has been committed, assuming they find him. It is your responsibility to protect yourself and your family.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mwhartman View Post
    Attending a service led by "Pastor Lou" is not on my to-do or bucket list! I would like to know where he obtained his facts on a few items (number of gun per individual and the number of a certain ethnic group being killed every three days by a different ethnic group)
    The facts are, From 1976 to 2005, 86% of white victims were killed by whites, and 94% of black victims were killed by blacks. During those same years, blacks murdered more whites than whites murdered blacks, consistently. Every year. Where did Farakhan obtain his facts? He made them up to create "victims" over whom to maintain himself as leader and possibly spark some of whom to violence. But he maintains centuries of interracial fear that cuts both ways. As virtuous, educated, and responsible citizens we owe such statements outrage. It is the lack of outrage that allows the fear to fester in society and that is the real danger. It seems the two lady posters, Spirit51 and JeanLouise, get this.
    QT, who brags of roots lacking virtue, uses irony in a powerful way to show a history that is rarely considered but at least possible, unlike his last movie depicting Hitler's and his top staff's being the target of an allied bomb plot. Django is a love story in blaxploitation style, as SayVandelay noted, with a white mentor. The trials that Django faces and overcomes are obstacles to love. Typical theme. Unique plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    Racist how?

There are no slurs anywhere in my post.

Medgar evers, King, X, bunchy Carter, Hampton, etc.

J.Edgar Hoover didn't institute COINTELPRO for no reason or just do it, all those killings happened for a reason. Regardless of who pulled the triggers there is more to it than meets the eye.

Regardless of race people who have the ability to organize and reach the masses and inspire them to fight for their rights will be taken out plain and simple and if not taken out they will be watched very closely.

It has happened in every country whether they be scientist, political figures or what ever.
    You have a point. The FBI did keep files on rock stars from the '60's including the Grateful Dead, Jefferson Airplane, and John Lennon. Regardless of race, those with the ability to organize - or at least attract a mass of followers - and challenge authority, become targets on some level.

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Really?? So now I am racist because I expect all people to be held to the same standard?

The chances of my having to defend my life against one of this clown's followers is slim. There is a better chance that I will have to defend my life against a "redneck" meth head. Or even a illegal alien working illegally at the local Tyson chicken farms.

I pointed out the inequality of treatment of people who publicly advance the violence of race war.

I live by the MLK standard of "Judge not a man by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character". I voted that way and you KNOW I didn't vote for Obama based on this.

So save your judgement of me and look at the entire subject. Do YOU believe in equal treatment for ALL people?

Apparently not.
    But these people in bold don't have identifiable leaders or generations of victimization with which to identify.

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    I used to watch Tarentino movies quite a bit. They are fantasy/myth (mostly about low-life people) and aren't intended to be taken seriously. I don't watch them so much anymore because I can't stand the language. I wish he could make a good movie without every other word being a curse word. Like Suntzu, I really appreciate the Independents. "Pulp Fiction" is in a class by itself and I can't tell you how many times I have seen the "Kill Bill" movies. I was, however, extremely disappointed in "Inglorious ********".

I saw the interview and was surprised that he couldn't articulate a better response than the one he came up with. He's a very articulate writer but writing and speaking without prep time are two different matters.

Tarentino likes to flip the deck and make the unprotected class into the hero. He often, for example, puts the women in his movies in a position of power. I don't know if he does this because it makes for good cinema or because he's trying to make up for wrongs committed in the past. Perhaps this is the reason I have "0" desire to see this new movie. Its not that I don't want to see a black hero rectify wrong doing committed against him. I really don't care about the ethnicity of the hero in any move I watch. I don't, however, care to see a movie that's so racially charged. From what little I can tell from the previews, we have the evil white man in power. He's obviously committed some kind of wrong against the protagonist. Now its time for revenge. Like I said earlier, I've watched the "Kill Bill" movies and enjoyed them because I think revenge makes for great cinema. There's nothing like a good revenge story. If Tarentino had made a Spaghetti Western that featured a black protagonist, then I would give it a chance. Tarentino, however, didn't leave it at that. He filled it with a lot of unnecessary racial tension, hence the grossly exaggerated use of the "N" word. If this is your cup of tea, then have at it. I, however, don't care to be around it. If he's trying to send a message, he's doing it in a horrible non-constructive fashion. I don't want this type of action in my "entertainment". If he wants to put a message out and say that whites need to repent of past wrongs committed against black people then do it but do it on his own dime. I'm not going to pay to watch a movie that makes me (the white guy) out to be the intrinsic "bad guy" because of the history that's in place. I haven't seen the movie so maybe I have made an ill-perceived estimation but I doubt it.

On another note, I think its hypocritical for people to get so worked up over the use of the "N" word in this movie if they aren't the same ones that are offended by the use of the same word in rap songs.
    I think you got the movie wrong. It makes you, the white guy, no more the villain than it makes you, the 19th C perpetuator of slavery, the villain. Because it's not about you and not trying to be.
    Last edited by Pistology; January 16th, 2013 at 08:49 PM.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links