Store owner defends himself against ignorant customers (Caught on tape)

This is a discussion on Store owner defends himself against ignorant customers (Caught on tape) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by ExaltedOne That's the new thing to record yourself or a friend getting into a fight or causing trouble. It's more of I'm ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Store owner defends himself against ignorant customers (Caught on tape)

Senior Member Array wishyouwell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ExaltedOne View Post
    That's the new thing to record yourself or a friend getting into a fight or causing trouble. It's more of I'm going to become an internet superstar or if you beat up some one you can look back and say "See it's on the internet, told you i'm not lying"

Smart phones are a blessing and a curse.

The filming your own death ones are especially popular.

2. Remove Ads

Nothing to say to that one.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
    -Thomas Jefferson

Laws are restrictive but sometimes necessary to maintain a civil society. Rights are nonrestrictive but are always necessary to maintain a free society.

VIP Member
    Store owners were justifed in defending himself.
    I would have had a louisville slugger behind the counter for just the purpose, unless he is the owner then some pepper spray and a firearm.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

My head hurts trying to absorb this one...
    US Air Force, 1986 - 2007

"To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them..." George Mason

The Lex Luger stomp was the best part. He deserved every bit of it. I would have gone to jail for shoving the slurpee dispenser down his throat
    wishyouwell likes this.

The store owner should have reacted the instant the perp came behind the counter instead of playing games that could be interpreted as encouraging the action.
    First the pepper spray, then other measures to stop any continued threat.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The store owner should have walked away and called 911. Lucky these two didn't shoot him for the knife.

Waste no words . Shank the goober that came behind the counter and shoot the camera man . No need for drama .

Quote Originally Posted by paaiyan View Post
    I don't know where to start. What is the deal with the two imbeciles standing around in the store recording themselves breaking the law? How stupid does stupid get?
    Stupid is as stupid does.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

It's always "funny" ... up until it turns 'serious'. Lock them all up in a cell together... and leave them there. Too much stupidity going around in that place ....
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Quote Originally Posted by DefConGun View Post
    These guys were looking for trouble and trying to prompt the owner into assaulting them so he would be arrested. He fell into their hands by giving them what they wanted. Unfortunately, it will probably be the store owner to be the one to pay the consequences for his actions. The trouble maker shouldn't have been behind the counter but I don't know if that action justifies an assault in the eyes of the law.
    We are just laymen guessing what the District Attorney would do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links