Police facing shortage of ammunition

This is a discussion on Police facing shortage of ammunition within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My goodness....... Police facing shortage of ammunition for training | News - Home Jay Wallace, a supplier of police ammunition who owns Smyrna Police Distributors ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Exacto

Thread: Police facing shortage of ammunition

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan; by way of St. Mayberry, GA

Police facing shortage of ammunition

My goodness.......

Police facing shortage of ammunition for training | News - Home

Jay Wallace, a supplier of police ammunition who owns Smyrna Police Distributors in Cobb County, blames the shortage partly on a huge spike in gun and ammunition sales in recent weeks. Wallace said he can't recall an ammunition shortage this severe.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

2. Remove Ads

This happened beck in 08/09 too. My Sheriffs Dept. was buying ammo from a local pawn shop.
    It was the only place that had it and they paid through the nose for it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    No worries, they can get some from the department of ze fatherland of security.
    nontechguy likes this.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Happening in my area as well. Smaller departments are spending their entire annual budget for 2 months worth of ammo for duty, practice and qualifications.
    "Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

NRA Patron Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Are the PDs about to become "The gang that couldn't shoot straight"?
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Tell them to contact the Feds, who have been buying it up the last few years, maybe they can get a discount from fellow LEO.
    Wish I had a few hundred thousand laying around, I'd be making some serious amounts of bullets and some serious amounts of cash on a professional level.
    This is the same as the oil industry.
    Why should they really want to explore/dig/offshore drill for more oil, which would cost them more money, and ultimately bring down the price of gasoline because of it being plentiful, when they can charge us exorbitant prices for the oil they are pumping now, and tell us its "supply and demand".

And the Feds aren't going to raise a fuss, because if theire is a shortage, that means you and I won't have as much.
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.

Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, He shot them!

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Links