BAD: NY Gun Maps...

This is a discussion on BAD: NY Gun Maps... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It was only a matter of time before it happened... House Identified on NY Paper’s ‘Gun Map’ Burglarized — And the Robbers Went Straight for ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By tokerblue
  • 1 Post By detective

Thread: BAD: NY Gun Maps...

Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

2. Remove Ads

Already running: here.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Time for a gigantic lawsuit. Hope the attorney also goes after the publisher, editor, and author's personal assets as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Already running: here.
    - Thanks. There's so many subforums here.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Very bad:

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    I am a moderate in many areas, including some gun-issuses, (DON'T HIT ME!), and I know this practice of publishing permit holders is legal; but your post shows WHY this is ethically wrong - forget guns, anything pushed out to the public that could endanger innocent individuals going about their legal rights and minding their business - that could get them robbed or maybe get them killed - well, my god, this is a NO BRAINER in terms of moral behavior. YOU DON'T DO IT!!! PERIOD!! 10yr-olds know this for Heaven's sake...

This type of thing is one of the main reasons I recently withdrew from my life-long party affiliation as a Democrat (though I also voted for Republican Presidents and other offices at times) am now, as far as party-affiliation classified as "Non-Affiliated". I am sick unto death of never finding plain ethical common-sense in Washington from anybody - all I hear is screaming from both sides while our country's business - who these people are elected to pay attention to - goes unheeded and even partial solutions to desperate problems never are addressed in any way that will even attempt progess.

Our Founders were far from in love with each other and had bitter differences, but they all stayed in that noisy, hot room in Philadelphia, knew it was hot and stuffy and filled with people who sometimes would like to punch each other, but got over it and talked turkey with each other to come up with solutions: the main one our country. They didn't think of themselves all the time. And these people today who are their heirs should seal their mouths for 5 minutes and follow their example.

(Sorry, off-topic I know but when I was young it was very different. You could respect many people in government no matter what their party or "side". This stuff now makes me angry)
    Last edited by detective; January 14th, 2013 at 06:04 PM.
    Jeanlouise likes this.

BAD: NY Gun Maps...

Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    I am a moderate in many areas, including some gun-issuses, (DON'T HIT ME!), and I know this practice of publishing permit holders is legal; but your post show WHY this is ethically wrong - forget guns, anything pushed out to the public that could endanger innocent individuals going about their legal rights and minding their business - that could get them robbed or maybe get them killed - well, my god, this is a NO BRAINER in terms of moral behavior. YOU DON'T DO IT!!! PERIOD!! 10yr-olds know this for Heaven's sake...

This type of thing is one of the main reasons I recently withdrew from my life-long party affiliation as a Democrat (though I also voted for Republican Presidents and other offices at times) am now, as far as party-affiliation classified as "Non-Affiliated". I am sick unto death of never finding plain ethical common-sense in Washington from anybody - all I hear is screaming from both sides while our country's business - who these people are elected to pay attention to - goes unheeded and even partial solutions to desperate problems never are addressed in any way that will even attempt progess.

Our Founders were far from in love with each other and had bitter differences, but they all stayed in that noisy, hot room in Philadelphia, knew it was hot and stuffy and filled with people who sometimes would like to punch each other, but got over it and talked turkey with each other to come up with solutions: the main one our country. They didn't think of themselves all the time. And these people today who are their heirs should seal their mouths for 5 minutes and follow their example.

(Sorry, off-topic I know but when I was young it was very different. You could respect many people in government no matter what their party or "side". This stuff now makes me angry)
    ^ This exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

IMO...............all Gannett owned newspapers should have a picket line out front.

Links