Grandmother Pulling Gun Scaring Away Robber Caught on Tape - Wisconsin

This is a discussion on Grandmother Pulling Gun Scaring Away Robber Caught on Tape - Wisconsin within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Good for her! She achieved her goal...she wasn't hurt and the "King" didn't get any money. I was impressed at how fast she drew the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Grandmother Pulling Gun Scaring Away Robber Caught on Tape - Wisconsin

Distinguished Member
    Good for her! She achieved her goal...she wasn't hurt and the "King" didn't get any money.

I was impressed at how fast she drew the gun from under the counter but I agree that she should have one on her.
    I bet she will from now on.
    ep1953 likes this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

2. Remove Ads

There is not a one size fits all incident involving a gun with an armed robber. She did what she needed to do to stop the threat of robbery. Had she shot this creep she would have been justified, but looking at the video, when "King" saw the gun being pointed at him he suddely ducked out of the way and skulked out in a hurry.

Why we ask? Because he was not expecting force to meet his force. He's dang lucky she didn't pop a cap in him and he went to the emergency room or the morgue. Will it prevent him from continuing on his road of crime? Nope, not a bit. They don't learn until they get that center mass retirement from their activity from some one who has no qualms about putting them out of our misery.

This is a good example of how a legal fireram stopped a criminal cold in his tracks and didn't have to be discharged. The gun grabbing anti people don't like this becuse they all think we wake up each morning hoping to shoot that armed robber or home invader. That is the LAST thing I want to do but if push comes to shove, the armed criminal will meet justice in just a few seconds. Unless of course there is a situation like what happend to this lady and I don't have to discharge the weapon. Either way, we want to stop the crime not just kill the criminal.
    ep1953 likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Gun on body beats gun under counter. Better - both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post
    Good for her! She achieved her goal...she wasn't hurt and the "King" didn't get any money.

I was impressed at how fast she drew the gun from under the counter but I agree that she should have one on her.
    I bet she will from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    There is not a one size fits all incident involving a gun with an armed robber. She did what she needed to do to stop the threat of robbery. Had she shot this creep she would have been justified, but looking at the video, when "King" saw the gun being pointed at him he suddely ducked out of the way and skulked out in a hurry.

Why we ask? Because he was not expecting force to meet his force. He's dang lucky she didn't pop a cap in him and he went to the emergency room or the morgue. Will it prevent him from continuing on his road of crime? Nope, not a bit. They don't learn until they get that center mass retirement from their activity from some one who has no qualms about putting them out of our misery.

This is a good example of how a legal fireram stopped a criminal cold in his tracks and didn't have to be discharged. The gun grabbing anti people don't like this becuse they all think we wake up each morning hoping to shoot that armed robber or home invader. That is the LAST thing I want to do but if push comes to shove, the armed criminal will meet justice in just a few seconds. Unless of course there is a situation like what happend to this lady and I don't have to discharge the weapon. Either way, we want to stop the crime not just kill the criminal.
    I agree totally she should have had the gun on her person in addition to one under the counter. I do think she should have fired as soon as she drew since there was no guarantee the POS would flee.

I am also happy to report that I saw this story on FoxNews. It's about time these stories get some nationwide reporting.

Nice...
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

great job on the Grandma's part. Inexperienced or not, she showed great restraint at not shooting as the guy ran away.

She had every right to drop the guy in his tracks as she was presented with a deadly weapon in her face. No question about it.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Knife in your face and you say thats not deadly force,I would have drawn and fired,
    You and I both know that, but don't forget about the slimy lawyers and moronic prosecutors out there. Remember, our court system is not about determining guilt or innocence. It has morphed into a vehicle that works to free guilty dirtbags. You can bet if she shot him it would be shtf time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links