Lee County Murder rate on pace to exceed 2012

This is a discussion on Lee County Murder rate on pace to exceed 2012 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't understand why they let these people loose I just don't get it, and why she didn't leave this person. Cape man charged with ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JoJoGunn
  • 1 Post By OldVet

Thread: Lee County Murder rate on pace to exceed 2012

Lee County Murder rate on pace to exceed 2012

I don't understand why they let these people loose I just don't get it, and why she didn't leave this person.

Cape man charged with killing wife - ABC-7.com WZVN News for Fort Myers, Cape Coral & Naples, Florida

Update: http://www.news-press.com/article/20...-past?gcheck=1
    Last edited by Jetfuelrm; January 16th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Why? Because she loved him. My next door neighbor's mother would routinely show up literally beat black & blue, yet 3-4 days later return home until the next round.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I will never understand that Oldvet
    "As a strong supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights, I believe tougher enforcement of our nation's existing gun laws must be done before any more laws are enacted and put on the books."
    Jeff Miller

VIP Member
    Does anyone?
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

It is an all too common occurance for a woman who has been beaten down (literally) by a dominating man to return to him time and time again. I have a friend in Jacksonville, FL who is a Police Officer and has had to go on numerous domestic situations and the woman sometimes attacks the Police when they try to haul the offender away.

He (offender) always "promises" to change and is "sorry" blah, blah, blah, but soon, the cycle of violence begins again and will continue until the woman has had enough and leaves, or the guy gets blasted to the netherworld by her.

Men who have this need to dominate will keep doing it. The power they feel is like a drug or alcohol high and they want it. They have destroyed the self esteem of the woman to get her thinking she cannot live without him. That is how they control her.

This is the real tragedy of a situation like this. Domineering men are the problem. I have a solution but it usually isn't nice and I will refrain from suggesting it.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    I don't want to start a long argument, JoJO, but there are those women who will seek this type of man, never having self esteem to begin with, moving from one abuser to another through no fault other than their own. It takes two to do battle, both sides are guilty, and both are equally to blame.
    atctimmy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I don't want to start a long argument, JoJO, but there are those women who will seek this type of man, never having self esteem to begin with, moving from one abuser to another through no fault other than their own. It takes two to do battle, both sides are guilty, and both are equally to blame.
    Lots of respect Old Vet. You are a very intelligent man. My smart side always agrees with you... I respect you and what you say....but the Sandy Hook stuff is fake I'm a registered democrat and I cant take it anymore. Im going Republican or independent! Will change as soon as I make up my mind. Everyone I respect your opinions lets herem!

There are both kinds in this world. Right or wrong, man or woman.
    Richard

NRA Life Member

"But if they don't exist, how can a man see them?"

"You may think I'm pompous, but actually I'm pedantic... let me explain the difference."

"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and don't ever apologize for anything."

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    When I was with the Sheriff's Office in Florida, I got to talk with the battered women while we waited for the ambulance. The majority of the time I observed this call was NOT the first call (usually was in double-digits), most of the women were with their second or third dirt bag and most of the women grew up in an abusive environment. That situation is normal for them. If the house gets too calm or peaceful, the women usually knew exactly which buttons to push to start something - to bring the environment back to their perception of normal. The situation is definitely NOT the woman's fault. The beater is ALWAYS at fault - always. If she's abusive, then he needs to leave before it escalates (but I think that isn't a frequent defense). It's very sad and it takes a very strong woman who has finally reached her limit to take action.
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

I agree with some of the above posts.

It has been said that a woman will gravitate towards a man who most resembles her father. Since dad is the first male a girl encounters in life, she will learn from him and have the tendency to find one who reminds her of him.

If she grows up in a male dominated and abusive household, that becomes her reality and is conditioned to find a mate who will be just like that abusive father. It is well documented and rarely does that cycle get broken.

It is a real problem too because the cycle of violence, appology, taking back and then repeating won't stop unless A: the male does indeed "change" and stop the abuse or B: she pops a cap in him or stabs him repeatedly until the abuse stops.

We have had two or three battered women in my area do "B" and one of them stabbed the guy like 20 times, even when he was running away, she chased him down and finished him off. He had not even struck her or anything when she did, she just was at the end of her rope so to speak and just decided he needed killing before the next beating. She is currently in jail for murder.

Just like drug addiction, spouse abuse is a very difficult problem to solve.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

This is called battered wife syndrome. It's similar to stockholm syndrome. The victim begins to identify with their abuser. In the cas eof battered wife the woman may suffer from low self esteem as well. Most of the input in her life is from the abuser, and she see's everyone else as an outsider. Often along with the abuse the abuser will have control of the families finances and the wife has no options other than to stay with the abuser. Also the abuser may invoke a level of fear in the victim they become unable to function out of fear. This is by far the most common factor that I've seen. The victim is truely alone... if the police come she will try to convince the police that there is no problem for fear that when they leave the abuser will blame her for the trouble, and beat her some more. When the Police come and she complains they will arrest him. Usually in days if not hours the abuser is out and back at home playing catch up on her face. The police cant stay with the victim, and the abuser is there 24/7.

There are ways of dealing with this. In the old days we had some very effective methods, but no more. When a woman can be convinced to leave there are shelters for battered women in secret locations... that arent so secret. Often if she stays in the same town the abuser will find her, and get her back with him.

I do know of one woman who fixed her abuser good, permenantly, and legally.

Links