NJ Govenor.....Oh boy. - Page 2

NJ Govenor.....Oh boy.

This is a discussion on NJ Govenor.....Oh boy. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ya know, I just realized that my Flintlock Brown Bess Musket although not on the NJ Banned list, is in fact an Assault Weapon here ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: NJ Govenor.....Oh boy.

Ya know, I just realized that my Flintlock Brown Bess Musket although not on the NJ Banned list, is in fact an Assault Weapon here in NJ as it has 2 of the required listed items defining it as such.........a Bayonette Lug and it's over 50 Cal.......what now ?
    This is how rediculous these laws are............

Quote Originally Posted by xXxplosive View Post
    Ya know, I just realized that my Flintlock Brown Bess Musket although not on the NJ Banned list, is in fact an Assault Weapon here in NJ as it has 2 of the required listed items defining it as such.........a Bayonette Lug and it's over 50 Cal.......what now ?
    This is how rediculous these laws are............
    I thought blackpowder guns weren't technically considered firearms? Or is that just MI?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Save yourself time and just let him go.
    I'm going to have to agree. At one point I admit that I had some hope for him but the more I looked, the more dubious I became. I guess I'll give him the opportunity to shoot himself in the foot, but I fear he's going to do just that.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Could be............who knows......it's NJ.....try and interpret the laws here.
    Maybe a unilateral background check for politicians by a board of mental health doctors before they are allowed to seek office.

Wasn't he the Republican Party's darling not too long ago?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Wasn't he the Republican Party's darling not too long ago?
    Yeah, but after the Springsteen thing and the on camera make out session with Barack Obama...he' s toast.
    The Dems can have him...more their style anyway.
    zonker1986 and Darrow75 like this.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

VIP Member
    technical difficulties...stand by.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

I had high hopes for Christie awhile back. Now I'm just very dissapointed in him.
    Donnie D
    "When the people fear government, there is tyranny, when government fears the people, there is liberty"

VIP Member
    Christie: NRA ad with Obama daughters ?reprehensible? | The Ticket - Yahoo! News

Now Christie has jumped on the "bash the NRA for daring to bring up the security at the Obama girls school".

He's done. For all I care he can get his initial changed to a D tomorrow. Good riddance.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

My take on the NRA ad was that they were referencing the armed guards present at the school, separate from the Secret Service protection the president's daughters rightfully deserve. As far as Christie in 2016, I don't know yet. But looks like he is trying to lose the nomination before he gets it.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

Senior Moderator
    "Every time something really bad happens, people cry out for safety, and the government answers by taking rights away from good people."- Penn Jillette
    msgt/ret, Darrow75 and airslot like this.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I just left the state 7 months ago...and I was no fan of Christie.
    When we were fighting for 'shall-issue' ccw permits...he commented that Jersey is just too densely populated for more laxed gun laws.
    Apparently, the density problem isn't an issue when he and other Jersey politicians run around with armed security.
    He's like most of the other politicians in that part of the county. For them it's all about the political class.
    The public exists to keep these folks in their perks/pensions. But hey, they're voted into office year after year..so Jerseyans get exactly what they deserve.
    Love it or leave it. I left it.
    TX expat, msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

VIP Member
    The first time I really had some second thoughts about Christie was when he gave the speech at the RNC just before Romney.

99% of the speech was about himself. It wasn't until he was almost done that he mentioned Romney. It was very odd. Up until that point I liked Christie. He had a straight, in-your-face way about him that was refreshing in politics although I admit I didn't know that much about how he was running NJ.

It's been downhill ever since. Big disappointment.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    I bet when that NRA commercial came out, the Big O thought, "Okay I'll see you my two daughters and raise you two more."
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Re: NJ Govenor.....Oh boy.

It is a joke here. Tonite, I called the police regarding a suspicious person and car and police show up 30 minutes.....but governor thinks the gun laws cannot be loosened...there are shootings everyday in my hometown but can't carry for self-defense. Its crazy here....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links