1st grader brings gun to school after exNYPD mom forgets she put it in daughter's bag

This is a discussion on 1st grader brings gun to school after exNYPD mom forgets she put it in daughter's bag within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; A retired NYPD detective nearly caused a tragedy on Tuesday when she put a loaded pistol in her daughter's backpack - and the girl inadvertently ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 1st grader brings gun to school after exNYPD mom forgets she put it in daughter's bag

1st grader brings gun to school after exNYPD mom forgets she put it in daughter's bag

A retired NYPD detective nearly caused a tragedy on Tuesday when she put a loaded pistol in her daughter's backpack - and the girl inadvertently brought it to school.

Article Link

There were two different stories sorry about that.

WAVECREST A 7-year-old boy brought a gun to a Queens elementary school Thursday morning, the NYPD said.

Article Link

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    No excuse, thow the mother in jail.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

stupid is as stupid does. Don't you just love Forest Gump?

VIP Member
    It does not matter who you are, placing a firearm in a child’s backpack is just being dumber than a box of rocks.

"No one was hurt - but maybe she don't know it's real gun and bang, bang, bang," said Steve Chang, 60, of Chinatown, whose son is a kindergartner at the Mott St. school.

The girl's scared classmates met with school therapists on Wednesday. The kids and their parents are still upset.
    They should also bring in an Eddie Eagle instructor to teach the children safe gun handling since the parents have no clue.
    pittypat21 and cn262 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

OK, so the crime occurred 15 months ago. What was the judicial disposition?
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

What is it today? Everybody needs a therapist it seems. Get a grip America.

Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    What is it today? Everybody needs a therapist it seems. Get a grip America.
    Yep Jimmy farted in class there were counselors on hand to help kids deal with the trauma from what was first believed to be a machine gun
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

From the first article:

"Cops couldn't say why Brioso put the gun in the bag."

I'd be interested in knowing that myself. And this woman was trusted with keeping the streets of New York safe? Wow.

...two incidents of the same kind... did OP find a disposition on the first???

...did OP find a disposition on the first case??? (hint: look under the rug)

...the new case seems a great "reason" for gun-grabbers to jump on their white horses...

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    I can't find any outcome so I'll presume there was none.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    The article said she wasn't arrested or charged with anything, but other firearms were removed from her home.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
    -General James Mattis, USMC

...I read the article...but what happened after they got the evil guns gathered up "for the children"...there's the question...maybe she saw the counselor and went home, too...after all...it IS NYC....13 pages into Google, I found in a French language article that she was not charged by the police, but they did report her to Childrens Services...that's all I could find...oh, well...

School administrators called 911 after discovering the weapon, and police removed it without anyone being hurt, but parents and kids were shaken by the close call.

"No one was hurt - but maybe she don't know it's real gun and bang, bang, bang," said Steve Chang, 60, of Chinatown, whose son is a kindergartner at the Mott St. school.

The girl's scared classmates met with school therapists on Wednesday. The kids and their parents are still upset.
    OMG .... let's get the "therapist" in there....... geez. See what happens ..... "kids and their parents are still upset" ...... when people forget they ever had any rights in the first place, and rely on the Govt to do everything for them.

Hey... "steve chang' ..... what the heck you been doing .... 60 yrs old with a kindergartner in the school ?
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

I think there is a possibility the daughter too the gun to school of her own volition... but the mother took the blame to save her daughter. The mother may have fallen on her sword to save the daughter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links