When they outlaw pickaxes

This is a discussion on When they outlaw pickaxes within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like he didn't need to pass a background check Man soaked in blood arrested in Springtown pickax killing | Breaking News | News from ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Crowman
  • 2 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: When they outlaw pickaxes

When they outlaw pickaxes

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Yep, we need to ban those lethal, dangerous pickaxes nobody needs access to such a dangerous weapon after all it is for the safety of the children.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

NEWS FLASH: Ace hardware announced yesterday it will do background checks on all tool sales....
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Ya ought to see some of the weapons people can create in prison. I've seen things out of paper that are lethal.

Ironic isn't it, that a lot of serial killers strangled their victims.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

Re: When they outlaw pickaxes

In my time on the job, I handled WAY more stabbings and slashings, with a variety of edged weapons, than shootings. Locked-boxes for the kitchen next, I guess.

The victim might have done well to have a pistol for self-defense. But it seems to me that he could've done better by being more choosy in his selection of acquaintance.

This shows that people in society are showing greater tendency to be extremely violent.

Yet, by the utoping feely-goody standard of disarming folks of their firearms, somehow that will make all the violence disappear.

What will disappear will be common sense and our safety from "things" like this guy.

The now dead victim however did not see this coming and even if he had a firearm, the pick ax weilding knuckle dragger had the advantage.

We are not safe, we are under seige.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoGunn View Post
    This shows that people in society are showing greater tendency to be extremely violent.

Yet, by the utoping feely-goody standard of disarming folks of their firearms, somehow that will make all the violence disappear.

What will disappear will be common sense and our safety from "things" like this guy.

The now dead victim however did not see this coming and even if he had a firearm, the pick ax weilding knuckle dragger had the advantage.

We are not safe, we are under siege.
    Under siege? Well, maybe kinda sorta.......

The propensity for violence has been well documented throughout human history. The evolution of Civilization and the advance of technology has certainly left us lazy and forgetful of how how much pain there is to be had in the world.

We who would be the leaders of the world have been here since the stone age, when the first cave painters lifted the mind of the animal into the minds of the Gods, into the matter of choice, of judgement, of liberty, of consciousness.

I understand this creep with his pick axe. I understand his frustration, and angst, but he obviously flunked the artistic development part of the equation. We don't call them psycho killers for nothing.

There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WMac19 View Post
    In my time on the job, I handled WAY more stabbings and slashings, with a variety of edged weapons, than shootings. Locked-boxes for the kitchen next, I guess.
    Not such a bad idea; seriously. You don't want a home invader to be able to grab a steak knife and do you in with it.
    I advise folks to keep their kitchen knives someplace other than on the counter top or the top draw, and cover them
    with cloth towels. That, a lesson learned the hard way.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Crowman View Post
    NEWS FLASH: Ace hardware announced yesterday it will do background checks on all tool sales....
    Sears announced that they will no longer sell pickaxes and have removed then from the sales floor,you can still get the non tactical shingle hatchets but they are in high demand and prices have quadrupled
    msgt/ret and Crowman like this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Lets form another committee and create a 23 point plan to ban all of these terrible assualt pickaxes.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Ironic isn't it, that a lot of serial killers strangled their victims.
    Not really. Strangulation is very personal.

Links