Another home targeted by the criminals using newspaper outing.

This is a discussion on Another home targeted by the criminals using newspaper outing. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say Looks like another home was targeted by criminals using the Journal's "outing" of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By goldshellback
  • 1 Post By dukalmighty

Thread: Another home targeted by the criminals using newspaper outing.

Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say

Looks like another home was targeted by criminals using the Journal's "outing" of gun owners...only this time they got the weapons.

I hope the home owner sues that rag out of existence.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

As long as the records were public records filing a law suit will not go anywhere. The blame lies with the politicians not protecting permit holders when they wrote the law.....
    "One of the greatest delusions in the world is the hope that the evils in this world are to be cured by legislation."
    --Thomas B. Reed, American Attorney

Second Amendment -- Established December 15, 1791 and slowly eroded ever since What happened to "..... shall not be infringed."

Re: Another home targeted by the criminals using newspaper outing.

I'm just a couple of miles away, the next town over from that one. I'm friends with a lot of police in the county, they said burglaries have spiked across the board since the Journal News "story."

The county clerk's office has said pistol permit applications have soared at the same time.

Homes targeted for the usual valuables are hard to attribute to the pin maps but the gun specific cases, and there are a couple more, are obvious. In these cases, only the guns and whatever valuables that happened to be in the safe were taken. TV's, laptops, all left behind.

Political screws are being turned. They talk about this very uncomfortably. They're just as disgusted as the rest of us but they've alluded to being pressured to keep quiet. They don't care if I talk though, leaving names out of it.

OOoooohhhhh...... something will come outta this that sets a new 'standard'....... good or bad.
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit51 View Post
    Journal News map-listed guns, permits stolen from New City home, cops say

Looks like another home was targeted by criminals using the Journal's "outing" of gun owners...only this time they got the weapons.

I hope the home owner sues that rag out of existence.
    That is not what the article said:
    Clarkstown police said they had no evidence the burglary was connected to the controversial map.
    If it is found out that they did use the map then I agree...sue the heck out of them.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

Distinguished Member Array jumpwing's Avatar
    How on earth would anyone EVER find conclusive evidence that ties one of these burglaries to the map? The best anyone can do is show a trend, but connecting the map to a specific burglary will never happen.
    "The flock sleep peaceably in their pasture at night because Sheepdogs stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    cafepress.com/bgstudios

Quote Originally Posted by jumpwing View Post
    How on earth would anyone EVER find conclusive evidence that ties one of these burglaries to the map? The best anyone can do is show a trend, but connecting the map to a specific burglary will never happen.
    Unless they catch the burglars and they admit to it,especially if several of these homes are hit and they tie them into every one
    Jeanlouise likes this.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Unless they catch the burglars and they admit to it,especially if several of these homes are hit and they tie them into every one
    I'm really hoping that will happen! So much for the paper providing a public service and spinning the whole mess.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

If it is true or not, that really doesn't matter, the fact remains that now that owners and permit holders are outed by these "Journalists" it could indeed make it easy for burglars to know who may have firearms and who doesn't. Before the information was published, it was public record, but what theif would take the time to locate it?

The burglar who busted into my home took a chance when we were gone that Sunday evening to church to target my home and got six of my fiearms. Can you imagine someone like him armed with a map of every gun owner in my neighborhood? That would make his job a bit easier.

The Police Officer investigating told me that the number one item stolen are firearms. They are the most sought after item that a criminal looks for.

This paper just gave them the roadmap to their destination. It probably is happening, theives target places they have an idea were things might be, this just explains where the guns are.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

If it is true or not, that really doesn't matter, the fact remains that now that owners and permit holders are outed by these "Journalists" it could indeed make it easy for burglars to know who may have firearms and who doesn't. Before the information was published, it was public record, but what theif would take the time to locate it?

The burglar who busted into my home took a chance when we were gone that Sunday evening to church to target my home and got six of my fiearms. Can you imagine someone like him armed with a map of every gun owner in my neighborhood? That would make his job a bit easier.

The Police Officer investigating told me that the number one item stolen are firearms. They are the most sought after item that a criminal looks for.

This paper just gave them the roadmap to their destination. It probably is happening, theives target places they have an idea were things might be, this just explains where the guns are.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Links