"Repeat" Felon & Four Year Sentence, Firearms Violation

This is a discussion on "Repeat" Felon & Four Year Sentence, Firearms Violation within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; These are the people who our lovely legislators should be taking out for good, not making it tougher for we law abiding citizens to have ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: "Repeat" Felon & Four Year Sentence, Firearms Violation

"Repeat" Felon & Four Year Sentence, Firearms Violation

These are the people who our lovely legislators should be taking out for good, not making it tougher for we law abiding citizens to have and keep guns.

They gave him "nearly four years" for a repeat, and I repeat, a "repeat felon." This is our problem, not the .25 auto he was in felony possession of.

He probably won't see a year of it either and will no doubt be back out on the street, obtain another illegal gun and continue his crime spree.

Repeat felon gets nearly four years for firearm possession - The Herald Dispatch
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

2. Remove Ads

Another reputable member of society
    RKflorida and JoJoGunn like this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

Senior Member Array palmcoaster's Avatar
    You are correct. Saw one on my local news this morning here in Fla. Deputies shot( but not killed) an urban ute whose own family called him lifelong criminal.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

VIP Member
    Depends on if State or Fed case. If it is a Fed case he won't get out early if a state case, yep he is out of there in 6-8 months.
    Either way he will still be young enough to cause problems once he is out. He will learn new things in prison. I doubt our system can fix harded criminals such has him. Too bad we can't reprogram him into a model citizen.
    JoJoGunn likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

Nothing like the old revolving door. Whatever happened to three strikes and you're out? Oh, I'm sorry, that would mean punishing the criminal when we all know it was the gun that was at fault.
    JoJoGunn, PAPADALE1 and msgt/ret like this.

Too bad we can't reprogram him into a model citizen.
    Why, we most certainly can! It's called 440V AC applied directly to the EPROM. Thank you, Thomas Alva Edison.
    JoJoGunn and mg27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    Another reputable member of society
    And Dem-o-crap voter.
    JoJoGunn likes this.

People like that LOVE gun control...because it doesn't affect them and it gives them an advantage over their victim pool.

We don't have a gun problem, we've got a repeat offender problem.
    JoJoGunn, msgt/ret and RKflorida like this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Why, we most certainly can! It's called 440V AC applied directly to the EPROM. Thank you, Thomas Alva Edison.
    Actually - there's a bit of history involving Edison and the electric chair. The executive summary: In the late 1800s, the small but growing electrical "grid" in upstate New York was driven by Westinghouse and his investment/development in AC power. In New York City, Edison's DC network was growing. During those years, NY state abandoned the gallows for the "more humane" execution by electrocution. Several badly botched electrocutions via DC power helped sway the NY legislature in favor of supporting the AC grid.
    JoJoGunn and Rock and Glock like this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

VIP Member
    Another product of our catch and release “judicial” system.
    BugDude, JoJoGunn and ctr like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Off topic a bit but certainly could be the answer to "repeat" offenders, like Uncle Ted says, "he likes dead repeat offenders." Sad to say but sometimes that is the only rehabilitation.

Edison "invented" Direct Current electricity. It's downfall was that it needed boosting stations along the wire path to keep it flowing. Plus, he wanted to corner the market on the electrical grid and have a monopoly. He wasn't dumb and could see dollar signs.

Nikola Tesla was the one who invented Alternating Current that we know today. He was a genius who had worked for Edison but they disagreed on payment for services rendered so Tesla left to start his own company.

Edison was jealous and wanted to prove that AC was a very dangerous thing so to "inform" the public, he had a widely publicized execution of a rogue Elephant that was strapped with AC electrodes. It actually had the opposite effect, it seemed to be a better more "humane" way to execute condemned criminals than say...hanging.

AC became the standard in electricity and Edison's DC went out of fashion except for a few things such a batteries.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Most of the time when you hear in Milwaukee they managed to arrest someone that kill another person the first thing we hear is. He was a good boy.
    About a week latter it comes out he had just got out served 4 years for killing some else ,that they had record many pages long.
    Lib's need to keep them on the street. Repeat crimes are the libs beard and butter.

well, you see....they don't have to pay a lawyer while they are in the joint....which is exactly why they just enter the revolving
    door of our legal system payola. A year in and right back out paying the attorneys for the next offense.

it does not take a rocket scientist to see the problem with our justice system since the laws are written by attorneys....the most
    self serving bunch of vermin on the planet.
    Kimbers are the guns you show your friends....Glocks are the ones you show your enemies.

VIP Member
    Personally I think the judge should get 20 years for the sentence he handed down.
    msgt/ret and ep1953 like this.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Actually, Edison wanted to use DC. Westinghouse endorsed the AC.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links