Good and Bad and ????

This is a discussion on Good and Bad and ???? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This state legislator was threatened into submission on a "duty to retreat" bill, which is bad. The bill is withdrawn, which is good. She appears ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By DMan

Thread: Good and Bad and ????

Good and Bad and ????

This state legislator was threatened into submission on a "duty to retreat" bill, which is bad. The bill is withdrawn, which is good.

She appears to have started the bill based on her emotional response to the Trayvon Martin shooting.

Apparently the threats were non-specific but "very scary", and gun advocacy websites get the back-door blame here.

Lawmaker pulls bill to limit self-defense rights, citing threats | Local & Regional | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array sniper58's Avatar
    There may or may not have been threats. Some of the libtards out here believe ANY negative feedback to their wonderful, nanny-like ideas is a direct threat. I saw it in Colorado too when a leftie in the State House proposed a bill to require gun owners to store firearms and ammo separately. That really stirred the pot and she demanded extra security for her, her family and staff. When the dust settled and the multiple (costly, time consuming) investigations ended, she admitted she never really received any threats, she was just concerned for her safety. I am concerned for my safety walking in downtown Seattle - most of the drivers don't watch for pedestrians and pedestrians don't watch for cars!
    Last edited by sniper58; January 19th, 2013 at 01:37 PM. Reason: add
    Tim
    BE PREPARED - Noah didn't build the Ark when it was raining!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    ________
    NRA Life Member

Maybe she realized that the self-defense bill would limit her right of self-defense when suddenly faced with threats?

Maybe self-defense isn't such a bad idea?
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

"It's unfortunate, because Newtown happened, and that riled up so many people," Appleton said. "I think it would have gone unnoticed if it hadn't been for Newtown."
    That is how the liberals work - trying to SNEAK things in, by their own admission. DISGUSTING!!
    "Gun Free Zones" is where only criminals carry guns.

I think sniper58 has a good point. The whole thing sounds like a marketing ploy: our brand is good while the other brand is bad. The lack of actual evidence and the admission that there aren't specific threats makes it sound like she just can't handle people who don't agree with her and inform her they WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER if she pushes this. That's a threat, sure, but one we are legally allowed to make.

If she has received actual death threats then I have sympathy for her, but then, so has David Keene of the NRA. Just sayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by GunsAndViolince View Post
    I think sniper58 has a good point. The whole thing sounds like a marketing ploy: our brand is good while the other brand is bad. The lack of actual evidence and the admission that there aren't specific threats makes it sound like she just can't handle people who don't agree with her and inform her they WILL NOT VOTE FOR HER if she pushes this. That's a threat, sure, but one we are legally allowed to make.

If she has received actual death threats then I have sympathy for her, but then, so has David Keene of the NRA. Just sayin'.
    I agree, the same thing happened with "The Journal News." They interpreted the widespread criticism of their editorial policy as threatening, but had to hire their own private security after the police determined there were no credible threats. According to some anonymous police comments, there were no actual threats at all.

Ryan
    Those who will not govern their own behavior are slaves waiting for a master; one will surely find them.

Speaking of the journal news. I got a couple e-mails from various friends showing the owner, editor, and reporter's name address, e-mail address, telephone number and a message to call them and tell them what you thought about their posting legal gun owners data.
    Retired AF pilot, Vietnam FAC 1967-68

Distinguished Member Array chuckusaret's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lindy1933 View Post
    Speaking of the journal news. I got a couple e-mails from various friends showing the owner, editor, and reporter's name address, e-mail address, telephone number and a message to call them and tell them what you thought about their posting legal gun owners data.
    Yes, and many people did call, but no answer or busy signal, so I am told. LOL
    US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
    — Abraham Lincoln

I thought is was telling that the article says only one of the "perceived" threats was forwarded to their security to look into it.

Guns are scary just like people that think for themselves and take responsibility for themselves are scary.

Links