This Is Why You Need a .....CCL

This is a discussion on This Is Why You Need a .....CCL within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Kerri Dalton Attacked In N.J. Bed Bath & Beyond; Tyrik Haynes, Alleged Cat Torturer, Accused Of Attempted Murder This happened this past Thursday evening....talk about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: This Is Why You Need a .....CCL

Kerri Dalton Attacked In N.J. Bed Bath & Beyond; Tyrik Haynes, Alleged Cat Torturer, Accused Of Attempted Murder

This happened this past Thursday evening....talk about a mentally ill individual ....and in New Jersey we have no 2A Rights.... no CCL.....and this is the result.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...b2gA24.twitter
    Mr B likes this.

VIP Member
    Another that sounds like he will never be a contributor to society and should be put down like the rabid animal he is.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Yup............but they're walkin' the streets here and we are not allowed to protect our selves or our family members in public.....in NJ.

2 thoughts on this.

1. it's time, maybe past time, to put this animal to sleep.

2. I understand the cost but why aren't law suits being brought against the state. The state took away a persons rights to defend themself and then the state is not providing adequate protection for that person? Sounds like negligence to me.
    Mr B and Regoria75 like this.

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    This guy should enjoy our tax dollars with his new room mate "Bubba" ... did I mention "Bubba" was a cat lover? This guy is derranged.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

That's it..................mentally ill and with a knife....with no one to stop him.

He will plead insanity, be locked up for years, get minimal mental health help, and then at age 50 be walking among us on so many meds he is clueless. The system doesn't work. It makes me think about the sign posted at our local mall that says No Concealable Guns Allowed. Maybe I should forward this story to the mall manager so he can rethink that idea. Gun free zones dont work!
    darbo likes this.
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I sent this version of the story to family members as a reminder to be aware of those around you, even if it means deciding to turn around and go to another shopping center or store because of odd behavior by someone. You simply can't just assume it's a harmless crazy guy talking to himself.

===
    The manager of the Staples store next door to the scene said she saw the assailant moments before the attack lurking about on the sidewalk. “The guy was standing in front of our store, but…he was kinda weird. We didn’t pay no mind to it because we didn’t know who he was."
    ====

Woman Brutally Stabbed Inside Bed, Bath & Beyond Store In NJ « CBS New York
    Raleigh... Where Barney comes to Party...

Glock 27 or M&P Shield for every day carry (LCP for deep conceal when necessary)... Glock 23 for the home.

Call me Iggy. Only my mother calls me by my full given name.

When its random and happens without warning you can't prevent these kinds of attacks from happening. Don't find false comfort in a CCL. Most people will not be able to respond to the shock and horror effectively.
    "The only thing I'm an expert about is my experience."

I'm surprised that just one day after the moderators posted a thread stating not to post general crime stories in this forum that this story gets posted. Yes, you added "CCL" in the title, but that could apply to just about any murder or attempted murder story out there. This forum is JUST for stories where a CCL Holder (not someone who should have had one or should have been carrying) defended themselves. This forum could be a very valuable resource for study, but it keeps getting polluted with off-topic posts. Even one day after a warning was posted.

Here's the post I'm referring to:

Exclamation Read this before posting here!!!!

This is just the copied sticky from above, but apparently people don't read stickies anymore.

In the news encounters with the bad guys with both successful and not so successful

Stop posting any old news story here. This is supposed to be about self defense topics, not a dumping ground for anything you find interesting. This has been made clear in the past, but its getting out of hand again.

threads posted in "in the news: The good, the bad and the ugly"
    we are getting an increasing number of "off topic" threads posted to the "in the news" forum. So much so that it is beginning to become a general crime story repository that is really not the focus of this forum. If you come across news items that have some real application to concealed carry, open carry, successful (or unsuccessful) armed self defense please feel free to post them, but "general crime" stories, not associated with self defense in any way should be avoided. Likewise for stories of crime in countries other than the us.

While i appreciate that our members enjoy the forum and want to post items of personal interest regardless of topic, i believe that we are, over time, broadening the focus of the forum too much in including some of these topics. Please help us keep the forums' topics "on topic".

So, those who cant abide by the rules will be given infractions and will no longer be able to post here. This is the warning.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

OK...............so throw me off the forum for posting this...Geeeeezzzz......IMO it's very relevent to what we are experiencing today...mentally ill societal crime......maybe I'll just resign my membership.....would that make you feel better..... dtox ?

...from reading the links, I was reminded that there are clues to mental health problems that might help us head this kind of thing off...if we'll notice them...that we should be prepared anytime, because trouble doesn't make an appointment, and that we should report folks who're acting strangely...right now, not after the event...I appreciate the reminders...

What was to stop this guy from turning the weapon on others in the store.......NJ is an accident waiting to happen...IMO.

...anytime...anywhere...the world ain't warm ner fuzzy no more...
    darbo likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Fitch's Avatar
    To the extent there is a typical serial killer, this guy is it. They frequently start with torturing or killing animals. This guy was just too stupid to keep from being caught.

People chose to live in IL and NJ. They chose to be victims.

Why isn't Bloomberg yelling to ban knives? Where is the Feinstein bill to limit all knives to 1/2" blades, or less. Oh, wait a minute, the Towers were brought down by box cutters - ban all knives sharp enough to cut cardboard or long enough to go through a T-shirt!

Fitch
    “The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety), by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.” by H. L. Mencken

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links