Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home. - Page 2

Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

This is a discussion on Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; There seems to be way more shootings lately. Id hate to think some of its staged to get the public more afraid of guns. It ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

There seems to be way more shootings lately. Id hate to think some of its staged to get the public more afraid of guns. It just seems odd to me theres been more in the last year or so. Just my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    There seems to be way more shootings lately. Id hate to think some of its staged to get the public more afraid of guns. It just seems odd to me theres been more in the last year or so. Just my thoughts.
    Yeah, the administration is paying off people to go murder folks to push for gun legislation.
    Darrow75 likes this.
    Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
    And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”

Isaiah 6:8

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    Yeah, the administration is paying off people to go murder folks to push for gun legislation.
    Suntzu - while I am not saying this is the case domestically, your description certainly fits the Fast and Furious activity.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Quote Originally Posted by sixgun View Post
    Really. There were 532 shooting deaths in Chicago. I don't remember seeing any of them in the media outside of Chicago.
    No trees were harmed in the construction of this post. However a large number of electrons were indiscriminately aroused.

You will also see: 1. Children are involved or 2. AR's are involved; and they are mentioned here,,,,,,yet not that they were the murder weapon, just at the scene. Little more sensationalism.

Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/01/20...#ixzz2IZsA2cmS
    News media will always be on this like white on rice.

What you won't see: 1. Good guy beats bad guy with gun or never 2. Good guy uses an AR to get bad guy.

News media will sweep this to the back pages of the back section or late night weekend news.

Prayers for the family.
    Last edited by bigdogtx; January 20th, 2013 at 10:38 PM.
    jumpwing likes this.

It was the guns fault again....
    (4) Springfield Armory XD-40 Sub Compact
    (1) Ruger LC9
    NRA Member

"Molon labe" "From my cold dead hands"

I do think the news is very 'sensitive' to reporting any shootings due to the present agenda of the President & some Dem's.... and possibly reporting them more. And / or , maybe we are just as well when we hear or see them. Either way, none of it's good.
    We see one article how a 15 yr old shot a BG and saved his 2 siblings, and then another day ... one where a 15 yr shoots his family. However ... guns is not the issue here, it's the violence that any 15 yr old displays to that level towards his own family when they do something like this, no matter in what manner they did it.
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

You wont see a lot of stories out of Il NY Cali and the like because they already have the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. A large part of the media wont cover them nationally unless they are mass shootings that cant be ignored. To do so is to report what we already know. That gun regulation doesnt work.
    I do think the media is more sensitive to reporting shootings like this since Sandy Hook and the push for more useless gun regs.

Agenda or not we can all make sure we properly secure our weapons - even from little Johnny, the apple of our eye. I know I'm preaching to the choir...
    Spirit51, STLRampage and Darrow75 like this.
    "I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power, than by violent and sudden usurpations” – James Madison 1788

Re: Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

I live there in Abq. The news is pathetic. They stated before any info came out that the shooter"may have" used an assault rifle. Retarded if you ask me. The father was a Christian pastor and Chaplin to AFD and the brother of a state senator which also added to the hype

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

My first reaction when I heard about this incident was indeed sadness for the victims. My second reaction was "What's wrong with this country that we are raising a generation of people who have absolutely no regard for human life?" My third reaction was that, yes, this will indeed add fuel to the fire for the anti's.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    well, they certainly make sure that every little dipstick with a gun gets his or her 15 minutes of fame, don't they?
    My thoughts exactly. Many mental defectives will find this a way to have their 15 min. of fame. Time to NOT give out any information about the shooter. No name....no motive...not one picture. You don't have to ignore the incident...just the shooter. STOP giving them the public platform of insanity they are looking for. Make sure they know up front that they will continue to be a NOTHING.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Heck with the guns, start banning people.
    Rcher likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by mbguy29577 View Post
    It was the guns fault again....
    I've got family members who will hear exactly that, and nothing but that, from this story ... that People were shot, the crime was done with a gun, so had the gun not been there then the crime wouldn't have happened.

No telling what gun it was (the family's, his own, someone else's, something he stole from somewhere, something lying there in an unlocked safe). And no telling, at this point, whether there were any easily-identifiable signs of his heading toward the edge, and whether such signs were ignored or swept under the rug. Early days, yet. And folks might never know.

The primary take-away are, of course: his individual criminal act has no bearing on the lawful and upstanding activities of millions each day, nor can it be claimed that such a criminal act implies the other 300M people are similarly capable of doing this at any time merely because they opt to be capable of effectively defending against criminals such as this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array RightsEroding's Avatar
    A teenage boy with several weapons including an assault rifle
    Notice how the bleeding heart far left whacko website (Yahoo) had to include the words assault rifle with ZERO mention if a AR 15 was used or not!
    Why not say "a teenage boy with a AR 15, 3 pistols, 2 shotguns and a partridge in a pear tree"

Hmmm? Several weapons? Did he use all of them?

I smell a rat again!
    noway2 likes this.
    "When those who are governed do too little, those who govern can, and will, do too much." Ronald Reagan

Do what you can; then do what you must

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links