Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

This is a discussion on Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I heard about this driving back from the gun shop. They said he liked violent video games, and after shooting his family, he hung out ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

I heard about this driving back from the gun shop. They said he liked violent video games, and after shooting his family, he hung out with his girlfriend. Just like many other kids in the USA. Lazy, self indulged, never worked a day in their life, pick up a gun and kill because mommy didnt give him his allowance.
    mr.stuart likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Re: Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeFalling View Post
    The gun should have been secured, especially with a troubled individual in the house. Nobody's arguing that point. My sarcasm is directed toward the anti-gun people who honestly believe the only reason this kid killed his family is because he had access to an assault rifle.
    Got ya. My bad.

Distinguished Member Array noway2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suntzu View Post
    That is just anecdotal. For every "incident" of misdoing by someone who professes to be "religious" there is plenty of folks doing wrongdoing that are not "religious". Your analogy is pure hogwash. You did not show a connection of how the folks being religious caused them to be morons.
    May hap it is, may hap it ain't. Given the age of the perpetrator in question we may never know. My main point was that everybody views events through the filter of their own experiences and reading child abuse combined with people expressing the predominant view of him being outwardly religious struck me as odd, not to comment on people's expression of religion. I am sure that many people thought my friends father was a good person too and this reminded me of that situation.

Disturbing new info (to me) here: New Mexico teen accused of killing family ?involved heavily? with violent video games, sheriff says | Fox News

How in the heck have we come to this as a society?

well on cnn they actually mention the caliber which was .22 and then a oh by the way ar 15 too.
    New Mexico teen accused of gunning down family 'lost sense of conscience' - CNN.com

Guess he didnt hit the local walmart because he wanted a shoot out with police not ccw doing their wally walks.

Quote Originally Posted by phreddy View Post
    Also, the mulitple shootings in Chicago every day go pretty much unreported which shows that a large portion of crime is gang related.
    That's not why murders in Chicago aren't reported. Race is why it isn't reported. DC has lots of unreported murders too. Same reason.

Re: Really Bad: 15 year old kills 5 in New Mexico home.

The news reported that he killed his family with an assault rifle. It turns out he killed his mother and three siblings with a .22 and only his father with the ar-15. Never heard the news do a retraction on that initial statement

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by STLRampage View Post
    Got ya. My bad.
    No sweat! My post was more geared toward a comment I'd read on one of the news articles, so it was a little out of context here anyway.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links