VIDEO: Brinks robbery. Ambushed by 2, proned, failed gun grab, fires at getaway car

VIDEO: Brinks robbery. Ambushed by 2, proned, failed gun grab, fires at getaway car

This is a discussion on VIDEO: Brinks robbery. Ambushed by 2, proned, failed gun grab, fires at getaway car within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI

Thread: VIDEO: Brinks robbery. Ambushed by 2, proned, failed gun grab, fires at getaway car

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

"Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Saw that. Score one for retention holsters, - one for a Brinks guard using SA.

I often see them out out and unload with hardly a look around. Obviously so has someone else.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Welcome to South Florida, where armed truck robberies are a weekly thing
    They are becoming too rampant lately IMO.

Since he was no longer in fear of his life, some would say he should not have fired those shots. I'm not one of those. Good for him!
    ”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolBreeze View Post
    Since he was no longer in fear of his life, some would say he should not have fired those shots. I'm not one of those. Good for him!
    They proned him out and after hopping in their car maybe he feared they would try to run him over having been unsuccessful in grabbing his gun...that's the claim I would make anyway.

KoolBreeze likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Pretty poor SA...he didn't seem to notice anything unusual until the BGs were about 3 feet from him. Glad he wasn't hurt.
    Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

Senior Member Array xsigma40cal's Avatar
    A note on the refrigerator says, "buy zip ties next time." Good thing they didnt think everything through.
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools.--->Herbert Spencer

Springfield xd 45, Sig Sauer SP2022(9mm),Remington 700(.308), Yugo M10 variant w/IZH Kobra optic,...and lots of ammo for all of 'em.

I think I sort of am one of those. Don't get me wrong... I'm not at all sorry for the BG that got hit (hope it really stings), but by the time he fired wasn't he protecting property and not acting in the lawful defense of self and others?
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Armed security falls into a totally difference catagory than someone with a personal carry license.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    They proned him out and after hopping in their car maybe he feared they would try to run him over having been unsuccessful in grabbing his gun...that's the claim I would make anyway.

Sounds like a plan to me.

”Those who give up their liberty for more security neither deserve liberty nor security.”
    Ben Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    I think I sort of am one of those. Don't get me wrong... I'm not at all sorry for the BG that got hit (hope it really stings), but by the time he fired wasn't he protecting property and not acting in the lawful defense of self and others?
    Yeah, I think you are correct and it wouldn't surprise me if he is charged. But that doesn't mean I agree with it. He may have told them to halt and they fired at him first, who knows. But they are complete idiots for leaving him armed and then turning their back on him.
    Ben Franklin

Yeah, I think you are correct and it wouldn't surprise me if he is charged. But that doesn't mean I agree with it. He may have told them to halt and they fired at him first, who knows. But they are complete idiots for leaving him armed and then turning their back on him.
    Yeah, I wouldn't agree with him getting charged, just more the mentality of when it's appropriate to shoot. I'd be interested to see what his company policy's is on firing one's weapon.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

I love Tiberius/Maggie.

VIP Member
    He is probably good under Florida law Florida?s Deadly Force Law | Shall Not Be Questioned
    The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see.
    Ayn Rand

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    He is probably good under Florida law Florida?s Deadly Force Law | Shall Not Be Questioned
    Didn't read the text of the FL law, but according to that article, it's similar to OR, where deadly physical force is permitted in "preventing or stopping a felony by force". I think armed grand larceny would count as "felony by force".

Wow I hadn't heard anything about this. It's about 20 miles to north on Wickham Rd. in Melbourne.

Links