The Ugly: Shooting at Lone Star College in Houston - Page 2

The Ugly: Shooting at Lone Star College in Houston

This is a discussion on The Ugly: Shooting at Lone Star College in Houston within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by KBSR Reporting a black guy shot in the leg. Maybe it's that foolish DEA agent that shot himself in the leg while ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: The Ugly: Shooting at Lone Star College in Houston

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    Reporting a black guy shot in the leg. Maybe it's that foolish DEA agent that shot himself in the leg while trying to show off in front of the class a couple of years ago. LOL Hope ya'll saw the video, or I'm going to have to do a google search.
    Saw it ...

Back to the post: Just what we need is more publicity.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

yeah more and more reports coming in that this was gang related, planned, not random incident between up to 5 individuals.

VIP Member
    "Gang-related" seems to be a euphemism for black-on-black violence.
    Poseidon and KBSR like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Just turned the TV on and the CNN,MSNBC are spinning the story. the contributors are already saying "something needs to change so this does not happen again"

Quote Originally Posted by DontTreadOnI View Post
    I've got a spade. I named it Spade.
    Well that's not at all a racist way to put it...

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrow75 View Post
    Well that's not at all a racist way to put it...
    I'm sorry if you mistook that for racism, and I can assure you I am many things, but racist is not one of them. I was agreeing that ""Gang-related" seems to be a euphemism for black-on-black violence" in the media.

EDIT: Removed because it was not coming across the way I meant it.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Distinguished Member Array ErnieNWillis's Avatar
    I've got a spade. I named it Spade.

Come on guy's. We're better than this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ErnieNWillis View Post
    Come on guy's. We're better than this.
    I understood what he meant. Why does it automatically go there?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Thought I had established a little better of a report than that around here. Guess not, oh well, it's the Internet.

Regarding the shooting, I hope everyone is okay.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

I'm sorry if you mistook that for racism, and I can assure you I am many things, but racist is not one of them. I was agreeing that ""Gang-related" seems to be a euphemism for black-on-black violence" in the media.

EDIT: Removed because it was not coming across the way I meant it.
    No worries...I guess some people don't realize that that is a racially charged word as it isn't used very often anymore, but for future reference...yes...it most definitely comes across as a racist comment, especially when speaking about "gang related" and black-on-black violence.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Because spade is a racially charged word...even if that was not the intended meaning.

Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    Fox said they are having reports this is gang related. Who knew Bangers went to College. Too soon to really know whats being reported as being good info. Lets hope the NRA comes out and relays its gang activity if that's the reality. I hope the law abiding don't get targeted. How about school and theater shootings automatically gets the death penalty.
    I hate to say this but Bangers do indeed go to College. Judges often give them a choice between going to school or jail. This is to hopefully "rehabilitate" them. I've had my share of them in my classes. Usually they just quit coming after a few weeks. Also, rival gang members come on campus looking for certain individuals and an armed confrontation can happen.
    Never get out of the boat....

VIP Member
    Because spade is a racially charged word...even if that was not the intended meaning.
    Really? Around here, "calling a spade a spade" has long-meant being blunt and plain-spoken.
    William T. Sherman

Just looked it up, you are right. I had never heard it used in that way before. My apologies!

I meant it in agreement with what Mike had said. After looking up the origin of the phrase it does appear to derive from the derogatory term.

Two shooters, apparently; happened on a school's campus grounds; one shooter in custody and the other fled. That's about all that's known. Could have been two students, or two coming in from the surrounding community for a hit or a score, or the number could be off (one shooter, not two). Too much is vague at this point. If it is two, hopefully the one will rat out the other soon enough.

Makes one wonder just how far this would have gotten had nearly every upstanding adult on that campus were armed, or whether they would have even attempted it there. Time for people to wake up about the possibilities, with crime as rampant and random as it is. You just never know when or where.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links