School PD gets rifles

This is a discussion on School PD gets rifles within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Interesting story here. School has a police department, and spent $14,000 on Colt 6940's. Wish I could get one! The article says they were purchased ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: School PD gets rifles

School PD gets rifles

Interesting story here. School has a police department, and spent $14,000 on Colt 6940's. Wish I could get one! The article says they were purchased before the Conn shooting.

Thoughts?

Fontana School Police Department's new high caliber rifles spark controversy | abc7.com
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

2. Remove Ads

My thought is "What is a high caliber?"
    DJC7, Poseidon, Darrow75 and 1 others like this.
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Exactly what some of the comments said. I found a few articles, this one was the most succinct, but as per the medias standard has issues. They call them high powered and long range rifles, its the news after all
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Exactly what some of the comments said. I found a few articles, this one was the most succinct, but as per the medias standard has issues. They call them high powered and long range rifles, its the news after all
    Ha! Didn't read the comments. Now that I have here is my favorite:

"Why do the police need high-caliber assault weapons? I thought these are weapons of war that are only designed to kill mass amounts of people?"
    I have a very strict gun control policy: if there's a gun around, I want to be in control of it.
    Clint Eastwood

Quote Originally Posted by Brad426 View Post
    "Why do the police need high-caliber assault weapons? I thought these are weapons of war that are only designed to kill mass amounts of people?"
    And shoot down airplanes, according to Jesse Jackson.

Long guns make sense to me in this situation (even the "High-Powered" .223)

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    It should be mandatory that every media source have an on-hand editor knowledgeable in firearms so that the media's First Amendment right be expressed "correctly" and without erroneous information.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

What? You are crazy? How will the truth without all these buzzwords get more sheeple to watch?
    BigJon

Distinguished Member Array phreddy's Avatar
    based on my knowledge of school shootings, I believe they could have spent the money better elsewhere. I can't remember a school shooting where one of these rifles would have made a difference over a handgun.

I find nothing wrong with giving them the weapons as long as tactics and training are part of it...no matter if it is PD or school staff. They need both, no matter whether it is "long guns" (or whatever they are calling them this week) or handguns. That is a winning combination IMO.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

I ordered my Colt long before the Sandy Hook tragedy. Still no Colt.

Quote Originally Posted by BigJon10125 View Post
    Interesting story here. School has a police department, and spent $14,000 on Colt 6940's. Wish I could get one! The article says they were purchased before the Conn shooting.

Thoughts?

Fontana School Police Department's new high caliber rifles spark controversy | abc7.com
    Bet this news will never make to main stream news networks.

...I think it's a hoax...since WHEN have we been able to buy anything "Colt" for $1000???

...seriously, they're steppin' in the right direction...betcha their schools won't get hit by the crazies...give 'em all the press possible!!!

The school has its own police department?
    Sounds like it must be a 'nice place' to work or send your children.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

But the libtards said armed police in schools is stupid and that military-styled weapons are evil and only for killing lots of people. The no gun signs and teaching the 100lb wormy math teacher to tackle gunmen will be all they ever need to stave off an attack. Surely the libtards aren't being disengenuous...
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links