Man indicted for killing intruder

This is a discussion on Man indicted for killing intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And the home invader's family will testify saying "but he was such a good boy" and "he never hurt anyone" and "look at these pictures ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Man indicted for killing intruder

And the home invader's family will testify saying "but he was such a good boy" and "he never hurt anyone" and "look at these pictures of him (when he was 12)". You enter a person's home uninvited and get killed in the process, that should fall under the "you play stupid games and you win stupid prizes" rule. The home owner should not have to go through this crap. What a shame for the home owner.
    AngryBadger417 likes this.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by KBSR View Post
    If the mutt was shot inside the home, there will be forensic evidence to prove that fact. If this is the case, this homeowner will walk. Because the mutt manages to stumble outside before he dies, should have no impact on whether the homeowner is indicted or not.

If he's outside, and he was shot outside, and he was in fact unarmed and presenting no threat to the homeowner, I think it's a coin flip. I'd like to think a decent attorney (not even a good attorney) could win this in court, with a jury. I'll not debate the finer points of the castle doctrine, as it varies from state to state, and I don't live in Columbus, Ohio.

One must always remember the definition of "jury" though. Jury as defined by me, for these purposes, is a group of people, to stupid to get out of jury duty. Do you really want them sitting in judgement of the facts, when your life is in the balance? Nah, me neither. :)

Be safe.
    I used to feel the same way about jury duty. But ever since my son was nearly railroaded, I go to jury duty every time I am called up. Why? Because its time for people that have common sense to sit on juries instead of sheep.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StevePVB View Post
    The DA will spend tens of thousands of taxpayer dollars while the homeowner as to spend tens of thousands of his own dollars to defend this charge. After he wins he won't get a refund from the DA.
    Not only will he spend thousands defending himself, even if found not guilty, he will always have a criminal record showing he was charged with a crime. Damn shame for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeanlouise View Post

I don't think the DA has a case but the Grand Jury thought he did. I hope the trial jury has more sense and finds this poor guy innocent, but I wouldn't count on it in today's world.

Disgusting.
    Grand Jurys tend to be little more than a rubber stamp for DAs in many places. They only see the evidence the DA wants them to consider

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links